Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't update to 1.0.3

Posted by erpsy 
can't update to 1.0.3
July 19, 2009 08:46PM
Hi, this is my first post to this forum. Please forgive me if I am posting incorrectly. I am having trouble updating my HBC to version 1.0.3. I currently have 1.0.1. Every time I load HBC, it gives me the option to upgrade and I choose yes. Then it returns a screen saying "error download failed". My network is working properly and I can access the Homebrew browser. Everything else is also working properly. I am using version 4.0 of the Wii system menu. What can I do to update to 1.0.3? Should I just do a new install using the Bannerbomb exploit?
Re: can't update to 1.0.3
July 19, 2009 08:52PM
You can just launch the latest HackMii Installer elf using your homebrew channel.
July 19, 2009 09:18PM
Thanks, I will try that.
July 20, 2009 08:56AM
The Hackmii Installer should be an Installer.elf. put this in a folder inside the apps folder an d rename it to boot.elf

so
SD
>apps
>>hackmii installer
>>>boot.elf

Then run the HBC. it should be at the very end of the list. Load it.
July 31, 2009 10:00PM
Hi, I have the same problem with updating Homebrew. Says no known vulnerable IOS installed. I downloaded the Hackmii installer beta 2 and I put it on my sd card as you described. When I run homebrew after I put card back in, It does not show Hackmii Installer. What could be wrong? Fail Removed Any idea as to how I might get things to work? I am 60 years old and know nothing much about this stuff, lol. Thanks for any advice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 10:50PM by Arikado.
August 01, 2009 11:48AM
Do you have cIOScorp? If so, remove it. It is illegal, and it is also fail. And it stops hackmii installer working. You do not need it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login