Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Shop Channel after 4.2 Update

Posted by UseWD40 
Wii Shop Channel after 4.2 Update
October 02, 2009 06:36PM
Hey all, I was reading up on the 4.2 update and I heard it basically means nothing new for Wii owners.

I have a 3.2USWii right now.

However, I own and use Joysound Wii(a karaoke game) that first requires me to add Wii points through a Japanese Shop Channel.

I had a similar problem back in the day when Nintendo wanted me to update to the 4.0 update. At that time, I updated to 4.0, deleted my US Shop Channel Account, downgraded back to 3.2U, but started a Japanese Wii Shop account. Then everything worked out fine.

Currently my dilemma is whether or not I can use WiiSCU or Wii Shop and IOS61 to update a Japanese Shop account on a USWii. Any input from the masters?

As a side note, does anyone recommend updating to anything past 3.2? I haven't found the need to but I heard many users saying there are safer ways to update past 3.2 ~ 4.1 with more advantages.
Re: Wii Shop Channel after 4.2 Update
October 02, 2009 07:09PM
Just use WiiSCU to install IOS61 and Shop Channel. If that doesnt work use the other installer thing.

I'd advise updating to System Menu 4.1 tbh, as its the highest Sytem Menu with no negative conotations. Just install IOS61 and IOS60 with WiiSCU, then use dop-IOS MOD to install the latest IOS36 with trucha bug, then install a 4.1 System Menu WAD downloaded with NUSD. Use wadimport to install it. Then use dop-IOS MOD to update the rest of your IOS to their latest versions, but dont bother installing trucha bug in them. Then you should end up with 4.1 with trucha bug in IOS36 and you will be able to do everything you can do on your current System Menu, and also have SD Menu. Oh, and update the other channels with WiiSCU as well.
October 02, 2009 08:08PM
Thanks for the quick respone SifJar
October 02, 2009 08:32PM
No problem. I always try to respond to anyone I think I can help as quickly as possible.
October 02, 2009 11:18PM
Actually I have another problem if anyone can help me:

Homebrew Channel Updated itself but now the result is that that its upside down kinda like this guy's:

[img24.imageshack.us]

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
October 02, 2009 11:29PM
Let me guess - you have cIOScorp dont you? Or else some patched IOS? Either way, get rid of them and HBC will work nicely. Try using dop-IOS MOD to install an unpatched IOS60. If that doesnt work, you need to remove cIOScorp. If you need me to, I'll explain how to remove it later/tomorrow.
October 02, 2009 11:33PM
Someone recommeneded

to upgrade to 4.1 and now my Wii appears to start up but won't work *bangs head*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 08:00PM by Arikado.
October 02, 2009 11:34PM
I do have a bootmii back up but I'm not sure how to start it up anymore
October 03, 2009 10:35AM
Yeah, you shouldnt have used a Waninkoko tool, they're generally badly tested and basically bricks waiting to happen.
October 03, 2009 07:36PM
Ah, well lesson learned. Thanks for the first part though SifJar
October 04, 2009 06:17PM
SifJar
Just use WiiSCU to install IOS61 and Shop Channel. If that doesnt work use the other installer thing.

I'd advise updating to System Menu 4.1 tbh, as its the highest Sytem Menu with no negative conotations. Just install IOS61 and IOS60 with WiiSCU, then use dop-IOS MOD to install the latest IOS36 with trucha bug, then install a 4.1 System Menu WAD downloaded with NUSD. Use wadimport to install it. Then use dop-IOS MOD to update the rest of your IOS to their latest versions, but dont bother installing trucha bug in them. Then you should end up with 4.1 with trucha bug in IOS36 and you will be able to do everything you can do on your current System Menu, and also have SD Menu. Oh, and update the other channels with WiiSCU as well.

Well after inadvertantly upgrading to 4.2 (always read read read ALL the forums before patching) I came across your suggestion for downgrading the system menu. I made it through installing ios60-61 and did the ios36 (I think cause the screen flashed by pretty quickly)but when I try to install the 4.1 wad it tells me I have a newer version and stops the install. Did I miss something? TIA for any help.
October 04, 2009 07:54PM
wyldesyde007
SifJar

Well after inadvertantly upgrading to 4.2 (always read read read ALL the forums before patching) I came across your suggestion for downgrading the system menu. I made it through installing ios60-61 and did the ios36 (I think cause the screen flashed by pretty quickly)but when I try to install the 4.1 wad it tells me I have a newer version and stops the install. Did I miss something? TIA for any help.

Where did I say to downgrade the System Menu? I said UPGRADE, the guy I was talking to had a lower System Menu. You should NEVER downgrade anything on the Wii (System Menu, IOS). Just use HackMii Installer to install the latest HBC and DVDx and BootMii. Everything will work fine.
October 12, 2009 03:09AM
Well just to report back, I successfully fixed my Wii thanks to a number of things,

1. I had Bootmii installed and I could still access my Homebrew Channel
2. Loaded up WiiSCU, installed IOS38
3. Used AnyRegionChanger and downgraded to 3.2 again. Success!

So after that scare, I'm not updating anything unless I have to anymore :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login