Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help getting the updated Internet Channel

Posted by Zatioichi 
Help getting the updated Internet Channel
November 03, 2009 04:45PM
Hello, I've been looking around the wiki for awhile as well as the forums to figure out a way to get the updated Internet Channel. I know there are tools that you can use in order to do this but it's not really clear to me HOW to use them safely (code for I'm a newb). I just need a bit of help so I don't mess this up. Right now I'm on version 3.3U. I updated on the Brawl game disk and I haven't updated since. I have the latest version of the HBC just to give anyone that can help me a small background of what I'm running at the moment. Can anyone assist me? It would help me out a ton.

Respectfully and Thankfully,
Zatioichi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2009 04:45PM by Zatioichi.
Re: Help getting the updated Internet Channel
November 03, 2009 05:24PM
This app I made will let you update your internet channel.
Download Trial15.dol --> [code.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 03:33PM by Arikado.
November 04, 2009 03:16PM

Just to make sure I don't mess this up could you tell me how to use this and how it works? I really don't need to brick at the moment as I'm in training for a local Melee/Brawl Comp.
November 04, 2009 03:34PM
First load an IOS that has the trucha bug. Then select channels, then select the internet channel. Be sure to select the correct region as well.
November 04, 2009 04:48PM
Alright, I have the files downloaded. I also looked it up on the Wiki to see what it does.
I noticed that it doesn't have support to run off of USB. Is it possible to do so or would that just be asking to brick?
It's a dumb question but a question not the less. If I can do it from USB it'd save me time, otherwise I'll just grab a card reader and a SD card and do it that way.

Thanks again Arikado, you're the best mate. :D

Respectfully,
Zatioichi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 04:55PM by Zatioichi.
November 04, 2009 04:49PM
AFAIK, it should work off of USB as it doesn't use the SD Card. If it can't for some reason though, I promise it won't brick you.
November 04, 2009 04:56PM
Alright, I trust that it won't. Once I'm done with work I'll go home and load it up and see how everything goes. Just gotta keep the dog away from the power..

Thanks once again

Thankfully and excited,
Zatioichi
November 04, 2009 05:59PM
Alright, sorry for the double post. I really am, but I was just wondering what ISO should I use.
Do I used the latest one or is any ISO that has the bug alright to use? I'm really confused. I though I understood what I was doing but now I'm not so sure. Do it matter what IOS I'm using now? I got really confused really fast...sorry Arikado but I'm calling on you again to clear something up for me. I've been looking for a FAQ or walk through or something but with no luck so far.

Very Confused,
Zatioichi
November 04, 2009 06:29PM
Any IOS that has the trucha bug will do just fine. It doesn't have to be the latest one.

BTW, as well as updating the Shop Channel, you also need to install IOS61. When you run dop-IOS MOD, select an IOS with the trucha bug, then when offered IOS, Channels, System Menu select IOS, and install IOS61. Say no when asked if you want to patch it. THEN go back and select Channels and update the Shop Channel.
November 04, 2009 06:40PM
AH, I see now. Alright. That's gotten rid of most of the doubts that I had about this. I'm printing this out so I don't mess this up somehow. Thanks you guys for all the help :D

I'll be using this forum a lot more often,
Zatioichi
November 05, 2009 01:46AM
Problem,

I loaded dop-ISO MOD and used ISO 50 and got to the next point. The I tried to install ISO60 and when I hit B to not Patch it all the text on the screen got scrambled. Any idea as to what I need to do?

Zatioichi
(Typed with the Nintendo Wii)
November 05, 2009 02:07AM
Load a different IOS.
(I need to update the sanity checks so non-working IOSs cant be selected)
November 05, 2009 02:44PM
I tried to use a bunch of different ones but nothing worked unless I missed one somehow. So I went and got the ISO sanity check (I believe that's what it's called) and I ran it. I have the results in a screenshot if that helps any.

[i273.photobucket.com]

I dunno what I could be doing wrong...

Zatioichi
November 05, 2009 08:33PM
Use 51.
November 06, 2009 02:15AM
Didn't work. I dunno what I'm doing wrong....

Do I replace the dol that came with dop-ISO MOD v7 with the trial15 dol?
November 06, 2009 02:17AM
Yes, it must also be named boot.dol
November 06, 2009 03:00AM
Yeah, Dop-IOS MOD v7 is very broken unfortunately. Trial 15 is the latest in a long line of betas attmpting to fix all of the problems in Dop-IOS MOD v7. Use it instead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login