Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew and devices

Posted by forsem 
Homebrew and devices
October 12, 2009 01:19PM
Dear developers of homebrew channel.

i hope, sometimes (for example homebrew version 1.0.7)
you will have a few a free time for programming 3-party classic controller support
, at lease as addition option.

Kind regards
Thanks in advance
:)
Re: Homebrew and devices
October 12, 2009 09:00PM
this has come up before, due to the nature of the controller i believe that it is almost not possible
October 12, 2009 10:03PM
No, it's entirely possible. It just hasn't been done yet. Why? There's really no reason why. Anyone can can submit a patch to libogc on sourceforge once they get it working.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2009 10:04PM by Arikado.
October 26, 2009 09:25AM
What the new?:)
October 26, 2009 11:37AM
to do this i think if we can connect it to pc and then see what messages are sent then we might be able to adapt it to wii
November 14, 2009 04:04PM
I found a posting containing a patch for the WII HomeBrew that claims to fix the third party classic controller problem:

Third Party Classic Controller Fix

Workaround

The way to get this working with homebrew applications is to recompile your chosen homebrew application against a modified libogc with this defensive code in classic.c removed (around line 91):

WIIUSE_DEBUG("Classic controller handshake appears invalid, trying again.");
wiiuse_read_data(wm, data, WM_EXP_MEM_CALIBR, EXP_HANDSHAKE_LEN, Wiiuse_handshake_expansion);
return 0;

I don't know how to code, so I would appreciate it if someone could do this or let me know if it does not work. I am interested in the snes emmulator.

My controllers work fine for all other applications on the WII other than the HomeBrew channel. This leads me to believe that the HomeBrew code itself is needlessly checking for some form of Nintendo authentication id and not finding it, does not know a classic controller is attached. This appears to be a little silly for HomeBrew software. If that is the case, then a code change to ignore the check in HomeBrew would allow all homebrew emulators to use the 3rd party classic controllers.

Please let me know if this is the case and if so, how a change can be implemented.

Thks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login