Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with a couple things?

Posted by KoopaTroopaZ 
Help with a couple things?
November 16, 2009 07:41PM
Alright so I have a 4.0U wii and my friend walked me through hacking it before and it worked fine...then when 4.2 came out he walked me through that BUT..he walked me through how to hack it as if it were 4.2U to begin with which it wasn't I was still on 4.0 so it works but there are some things that don't and I don't want to upgrade to 4.2 untill I know i'm completely safe so I wanted to delete all hacks and backup all my save data but not all files will copy so I have 2 questions for you!

1. is there anyway to delete all hacks without deleting any of my save data so I can safely go to 4.2 and rehack it from there if not...

2. Is there anyway to copy ALL save data to an SD card for backup
3. How do I get rid of ALL hacks completely so I can start over after going to 4.2 I found a guide on hacking a virgin 4.2 and I would like to do it just to put this mess behind me

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated if you need more info about my situation don't hesitate to ask and make sure to include how to get the info you need

Thanks in advance
Re: Help with a couple things?
November 16, 2009 09:40PM
KoopaTroopaZ
1. is there anyway to delete all hacks without deleting any of my save data so I can safely go to 4.2 and rehack it from there if not...

Yes, it depends on what all you installed, but you can delete most things with AnyTitle Deleter. However, there is no reason to delete anything before updating to 4.2.

KoopaTroopaZ
2. Is there anyway to copy ALL save data to an SD card for backup

Savegame Manager
Savegame Extractor and Savegame Installer
StartPatch or
Preloader

KoopaTroopaZ
3. How do I get rid of ALL hacks completely so I can start over after going to 4.2 I found a guide on hacking a virgin 4.2 and I would like to do it just to put this mess behind me

Just update the Homebrew Channel and DVDx if you want it to the latest version and it will not be deleted by 4.2. After updating, install Bootmii as boot2 if possible. There is no need to delete anything.

Based on your description of this 4.2 hacking guide, I would guess that it is most likely full of fail. There are good instructions for most things that you may want to do on WiiBrew.

By the way, there is no reason to update to 4.2. It does not provide any new features; it is simply an anti homebrew update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login