Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update on NEW Super Mario Bros?!

Posted by Ringman 
Update on NEW Super Mario Bros?!
November 22, 2009 08:58PM
I just bought NEW Super Mario Bros Wii and it prompted an update. After it finished, I looked and It's still on Menu 4.1 so... well... What, exactly was updated? I'm a little bit paranoid about this because I'm a frequent user of Homebrew.
Re: Update on NEW Super Mario Bros?!
November 22, 2009 09:55PM
It has the 4.1 System Menu but all the 4.2 IOSes and Boot2v4
November 22, 2009 11:07PM
Just some IOS updates and possibly boot2 (depends on starting boot2 version). If you had BootMii as boot2 it is gone, but it can be easily reinstalled. any patched IOS are gone. If you had cIOS, some of the popular ones are gone and their positions filled with "stubs". thats it. regular homebrew users have nothing to worry about.
November 23, 2009 12:17AM
In effect, this update is just everything that had helped bricking without the harmless things.
November 23, 2009 12:26AM
ChReNiC
In effect, this update is just everything that had helped bricking without the harmless things.

Care to explain?!
[forum.wiibrew.org]
November 23, 2009 01:00AM
Sorry to be blunt but why dont just use gecko os to bypass the updates. Im on 3.2U and all u need is ios38,53,55,56(wii speak). The gecko os is not illeagel. it jsut allows u to bypass updates. I have an offical disc btw. and good thing there is no one else that plays my wii.
November 23, 2009 01:01AM
Use the forum search function kthnx.

Edit:Or just here: [forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2009 01:02AM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.