Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB Question

Posted by Kammesennin 
USB Question
December 08, 2009 07:10PM
Hey, just out of curiosity since the only device I have aside from a keyboard is an IDE HDD and an IDE to USB adapter for it... (which doesn't seem to work on the Wii) What types of USB devices are compatible with most of the HomeBrew applications out there? I only have a 2gb SD card, and I'm not really into loading from DVD if I don't have to, so I'd love to know what my other options are. Thanks!
Re: USB Question
December 08, 2009 08:43PM
2GB SD card is absolutely fine for homebrew purposes. Unless you want loads of music or videos, you dont really need a USB device.
December 09, 2009 04:35AM
FYI, methods of loading Wii games off of USB devices are not suported here.
December 09, 2009 06:16PM
bg4545
FYI, methods of loading Wii games off of USB devices are not suported here.

I wasn't aware of that, but regardless I'm not asking for methods of doing it, just compatible devices eg... jump drives, or usb card readers (for other types of cards than SD) or anything else I could possibly use on the Wii.

And SifJar, I have tons and tons of games/programs etc. that I use on my Wii and my 2gb card believe it or not isn't enough for all of it, and I grow tired of connecting the SD card to my pc all the time (I have a horrible computer with a USB card reader and only USB 1.1 ports), which takes roughly 45 minutes to dump any updated files to HDD and then another 45 minutes to move what I plan to use next onto the SD card. That's why I'd like to start using USB for certain things that support USB loading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 06:19PM by Kammesennin.
December 09, 2009 09:47PM
Well we can't help you with your USB devices because regular homebrew does not use them. (I'm pretty sure you're hinting at using a USB loader). If you can't fit your homebrew on a 2GB SD card then get another card or even an SDHC card
December 09, 2009 11:17PM
"Regular homebrew" can use USB devices. The HBC itself can, and Mplayer CE is a notable example also.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.