Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Japanese Wii Shop Channel on 4.2U using AnyRegion Changer?

Posted by macgamerman 
Japanese Wii Shop Channel on 4.2U using AnyRegion Changer?
January 16, 2010 11:04AM
Been using Homebrew stuff for awhile now & I've got a question that I can't seem to find the answer of. I'm running 4.2U & I've got the latest version of the Wii Shop Channel. I was wondering if it's possible to use AnyRegion Changer to access the Japanese Wii Shop Channel, even though I've updated everything?
Re: Japanese Wii Shop Channel on 4.2U using AnyRegion Changer?
January 16, 2010 02:16PM
AnyRegion Changer does not work on 4.2. You may be able to install it with Dop-IOS MOD, and then launch it with Gecko if you restore the Trucha Bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 02:16PM by WikiFSX.
January 16, 2010 05:53PM
To use AnyRegion Changer, you must patch IOS 35 with the trucha bug. After doing this, AnyRegion Changer will work, regardless of your system menu version. Also, you must delete your current shop account (if I remember correctly, by doing this, you will lose everything that you have downloaded) before changing the region. Otherwise, you will get an error when accessing the shop channel.

If you want to change your shop channel region, you must use AnyRegion Changer. Installing the shop channel with Dop-IOS Mod won't change its region.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 05:54PM by jbc007.
January 16, 2010 09:05PM
jbc007
To use AnyRegion Changer, you must patch IOS 35 with the trucha bug. After doing this, AnyRegion Changer will work, regardless of your system menu version. Also, you must delete your current shop account (if I remember correctly, by doing this, you will lose everything that you have downloaded) before changing the region. Otherwise, you will get an error when accessing the shop channel.

If you want to change your shop channel region, you must use AnyRegion Changer. Installing the shop channel with Dop-IOS Mod won't change its region.
Yeah, everything you just said is correct. I know from experience. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login