Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Idea that I do not have the time to explore personally

Posted by Jivnik 
Idea that I do not have the time to explore personally
February 05, 2010 02:37AM
Ok so I recently got the Wii internet browser up and running. However, I stumbled across websites that, without posting names, allow you to share certain folders over an internet connection, from a computer to say a wii. However, I am finding that it is unnecessarily hard to get some files to open and run, I am assuming because the wii is unable to download off of the internet? I dono, but I just think it would be much easier to be able to go to one of these websites and download say homebrew applications and such, without the pain of using an SD card. Again, completely newb here and I don't have the time or resources to delve into this myself. Please, if you're going to respond, do it in a rational and civil way. I'm aware that I'm a noob and that this may be unfeasible, so I could very much do without an internet lashing....^^ Again, this is just a suggestion for perhaps a future application, as it could be useful for people who don't want to have to attach an SD card or a Hard Drive every time they want to do something new. Thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback.
Re: Idea that I do not have the time to explore personally
February 05, 2010 02:50AM
You'd still have to store the data somewhere (that is, an SD card or a hard drive). Plus, you can use ftpii to manage and send files over a network.
Re: Idea that I do not have the time to explore personally
February 05, 2010 07:16PM
In a homebrew internet browser, it could be possible to have download capabilities, or a file downloader homebrew could be made, but I don't think it will ever be possible to download files in the Internet Channel i.e. official browser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login