Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updated to 4.2 - Homebrew not removed and still working.

Posted by CurtGuven 
Updated to 4.2 - Homebrew not removed and still working.
February 05, 2010 12:26PM
I'm new here, but I thought that this was something pretty significant to talk about so I made an account and hey ho here I am!

I installed the HBC, DVDX and BootMii (boot2 and I think IOS) using the bannerbomb exploit on 4.1e firmware. I then proceeded to update my Wii wanting to move from 4.1 to 4.2. I thought that 4.2 update would remove the HBC, however after updating, and then returning to the Wii home menu, the HBC was still available and bootable.

I have not yet rebooted my Wii after updating, im going to do this now. I will return with results on if BootMii and HBC work after a full reboot.

edit: full reboot, everything still works.

So basically, do that mean I have installed 4.2 WITHOUT removing homebrew? I used the inbuilt updater, so its from Nintendo. Im so confused as to whether this is normal / or nor and good / or bad? XD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 12:30PM by CurtGuven.
Re: Updated to 4.2 - Homebrew not removed and still working.
February 05, 2010 12:38PM
This is expected to happen. If you did not expect this to happen, then perhaps you need to read up.
February 05, 2010 12:40PM
I suppose I do.

Cheers bro for the heads up :D
February 05, 2010 07:18PM
FYI, HBC was updated about 2 days after the 4.2 update to work on 4.2 and that new version is not deleted by 4.2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login