Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with IOS problems

Posted by LegendKillerRAB 
Help with IOS problems
March 03, 2010 09:40PM
In trying to install something, my entire Homebrew Channel suddenly stopped working correctly. I was on 4.0U at the time. Eventually, I gave up trying to fix it & wound up updating 4.2. I saw that bannerbomb worked on 4.2 sometime later and reinstalled the homebrew channel. The channel now loaded, but many of my apps no longer functioned. Essentially, all my homebrew features save AnyTitleDeleter & GeckoOS stopped working. I noticed that my IOS seemed to be causing the problem. Anyway, I tried to go to AnyTitleDeleter to delete some of the non-mandatory ones & then reinstall them, but AnyTitleDeleter wouldn't let me delete any of them (some had normal protection against deletion, but many asked me if I wanted to delete them but came back with a ret = -102 error). My question is is there anything I can do about this, or is it screwed up for good? My Wii Discs & VC stuff still works, so it's apparently not totally bricked. Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 09:53PM by LegendKillerRAB.
Re: Help with IOS problems
March 03, 2010 11:21PM
Use Dop-IOS MOD to install IOS36, unmodified.
March 04, 2010 06:07AM
WikiFSX
Use Dop-IOS MOD to install IOS36, unmodified.
Now called Dop-Mii
March 04, 2010 07:28PM
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. I also had a question about how to return full functionality to GeckoOS (4.2 removes the channel select option). I've heard that something called Trucha Bug Restorer can fix this, but it needs your IOS working to run apparently (which is why I didn't bother asking in my first post, no point if I was told my IOS was shot right?). Anyway, is that true (I don't want to mess around with apps stupidly anymore & cause problems.)?
March 04, 2010 11:46PM
DOP-Mii can also do that. After you get the system working again, try picking some empty slot and putting a patched IOS36 in there.
March 05, 2010 12:43AM
Sorry to keep bothering you guys, but can I get a hand with how to use DOP-Mii? Like I said before, I'm being really cautious about using these apps without proper knowledge of how to do so. Also, it came with no read-me file, so I'm totally in the dark. I see a menu like this:

Which IOS would you like to use to install other IOSes?
IOS: 36
Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign
Scan the Wii's internals (SysCheck)
Exit

You said to install IOS36 unmodified WikiFSX. What I don't understand is whether IOS36 w/ FakeSign is what you meant (as I don't know what FakeSign means). Also, assuming the IOS36 w/FakeSign is the unmodified installation, how do I do the patched IOS36 afterwards? Once again, sorry for asking so many questions, but I really want to make sure I don't mess this up.
March 05, 2010 06:14AM
The IOS with fakesign is the one you don't want to install. When it asks which IOS you would like to use to install other IOSes, choose IOS36. It will then take you to a screen asking which IOS you would like to install. Select IOS36. It will ask if you would like to apply NAND permissions, fakesign, and ES_identify. Say no to all of them, and wait for the installation to complete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 06:14AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
March 05, 2010 06:30AM
WaxyPumpkin72
When it asks which IOS you would like to use to install other IOSes, choose IOS36. It will then take you to a screen asking which IOS you would like to install.

When I choose IOS36, it says

Loading selected IOS

>> ERROR! Choose an IOS that accepts fake signing! Press A to continue.

EDIT: I ran a syscheck, and the results showed that FakeSign, ES_Identify, & NAND is disabled for all IOSes except 250. Flash is disabled for every IOS. I don't know if this info will help you guys or not with figuring out what's wrong.

EDIT 2: Went back and tried running every IOS, all came back with an error except 250. Is 250 a custom IOS? I seem to remember reading any IOS 200 & above is a custom type, and you guys don't cover them. If you do cover 250, then should I use that to install IOS36?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 07:57AM by LegendKillerRAB.
March 05, 2010 07:05PM
Dop-Mii should not need the trucha bug to install the latest version of IOS 36, as long as you do not apply any patches. Fake signing is only necessary if you are downgrading or patching things. If you need to patch IOS 36, you can run Dop-Mii on IOS 250, since it is a cIOS (this will work whether or not apply patches). Or you can use the option to install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.

Edit: Dop-Mii actually does need the trucha bug in the IOS it uses, even if the trucha bug isn't required for what you are doing. Either run it on cIOS 250 or have it install IOS 36 with fake signing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 09:49PM by jbc007.
March 07, 2010 11:13PM
Thanks for all the help guys. Unfortunately, I haven't regained functionality for all of my apps. My Gecko OS has regained full functionality though, so I'm satisfied with how this worked out. Thanks again & sorry for being so unknowledgeable about this stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login