Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDHC stopped working

Posted by hecerinc 
SDHC stopped working
June 16, 2010 09:47PM
Hey guys, I'm new to this so bear with me. I was using my 8GB SDHC card to transfer all the apps to my Wii. But then I installed one app in particular and now it won't recognize it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!
Re: SDHC stopped working
June 16, 2010 10:39PM
By "installed" I assume you mean copied it to your SD card (not really installing, but I'll let you away with it)? And seeing as you didn't name the "certain app" I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that is a warez related app that is unsupported here?

Anyway, simply copying a file to your SD card shouldn't cause HBC to stop recognizing your card. Check the write protection switch is off and check it is formatted to FAT32. Check that there is a folder called "apps" (lower case letters) on the root.

If you can't work out the problem, backup your files, format the card and replace the files.
June 21, 2010 05:08PM
Thanks a lot for your help. I figured it out. I'm not sure if it's supported here but it definitely isn't warez. It's preloader I installed. And what I did was restarted my Wii with the Reset button pressed ( so I would go into the Preloader interface) and changed the setting at the very bottom where it said the number of my IOS from 36 to 222. 249 and other such IOSs also work. Just have to try various (for future reference).
June 21, 2010 08:51PM
Preloader is supported here, but I'd advise upgrading to Priiloader, an unofficial continuation of Preloader after the original dev stopped developing it to work on other things. It has more features and is generally better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login