Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is my Wii bricked or what?

Posted by tivo444 
Is my Wii bricked or what?
June 28, 2010 04:06PM
I NEED HELP!!! I HAD THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL AND RIVOLUTION OR MY WII SYSTEM MENU THEN I UPDATED MY WII TO 4.3U (YES, NOW I KNOW IT IS BAD...) THEN THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL IS GONE! BUT THAT ISNT THE THING THAT CONCERNS ME
WHEN I UPDATED TO 4.3U I WENT TO THE SD CARD CHANNEL WHEN MY SD WAS IN AND IT SAID, "THE FILES ARE CORRUPTED" OR SOMETHING, PLEASE HELP, IM A N00B WHEN IT COMES TO HOMEBREW!

AND ALSO WHEN WILL THEY MAKE A 4.3 EXPLOIT TO GET HBC?

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

STUPID NINTENDO!

SifJar Edit: Removed ridiculous colour.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 06:35PM by SifJar.
Re: Is my Wii bricked or what?
June 28, 2010 06:27PM
Your Wii is not bricked, as it seems functional. You had the SD card in your Wii as it was deleting the homebrew, which must have also deleted the same from the SD card. Your SD card needs to be re-formatted. Don't worry if you have any official channels in there; you can re-download them for free from the Wii Shop.

Also, they're working on the Hackmii Installer for 4.3, but it will take a while, since they're working on both a way to bypass Nintendo's security checks and a way for Nintendo to be less successful to destroy it next time, if it does. It will have to be installed via Smash Stack (requires Super Smash Bros Brawl) or Indiana Pwns (requires Lego Indiana Jones), as those are the only known exploits still available. It seems the only way for Nintendo to block Smash Stack, as well, would be to completely remove the feature to make custom stages (FAR too late for that).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 06:39PM by Mestizo.
Re: Is my Wii bricked or what?
June 28, 2010 06:37PM
You can still use Riivolution fine by running it via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack and choosing "Install" to install the Riivolution channel, which works fine on 4.3.

The "files are corrupted" thing is because for some ridiculous reason you still have bannerbomb on your SD card: It's not needed after installing HBC. Delete it.

Finally, never post in block capitals or stupid green font ever again on these forums. Consider that a warning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login