Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with updateing

Posted by HELPINFO 
help with updateing
July 11, 2010 12:47AM
HELP okay please help im going to get the new harry potter game (year 1) will i update? if so will homebrew channel & dvdx be deleted???????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 01:05AM by HELPINFO.
Re: help with updateing
July 11, 2010 01:13AM
July 11, 2010 05:34AM
Lego Harry Potter was released too close to 4.3. Most likely, it will have 4.2. Best bet the next game to have 4.3 will be Metroid: Other M and, hopefully, we'll have the new Hackmii installer by then.
July 11, 2010 05:40AM
Couldn't you just run metroid (or any other game that needs an update) through gecko without updating?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 05:41AM by personafan87.
July 11, 2010 10:12PM
Will Metroid: Other M really have system menu 4.3? Sm 4.2 came in September/2009, but the first game containing it was Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May/2010). That's 8 months of difference.
July 11, 2010 10:27PM
personafan87
Couldn't you just run metroid (or any other game that needs an update) through gecko without updating?

If the game has a required update (a new IOS, like New Super Mario Bros Wii, for example), Gecko will refuse to load the game, even if you did a Priiloader patch.

Aobx
Will Metroid: Other M really have system menu 4.3? Sm 4.2 came in September/2009, but the first game containing it was Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May/2010). That's 8 months of difference.

The way Nintendo is pushing the anti-homebrew things (which doesn't make much sense, since a majority of the homebrew has NOTHING to do with piracy, save for the emulators, and Nintendo shouldn't even bother with the emulators of other companies, as that would constitute copyright infringement, even if it is a software replica of the hardware), it wouldn't surprise me if Metroid does have 4.3. If it does, let's just hope Team Twiizers would have the Hackmii Installer up and ready before then.
July 12, 2010 12:18AM
I think you only need the IOS a game needs to function. The other updates in the disc are irrelevant. So, if you have the IOS, you can skip the update through Gecko OS. Can't that be done?
July 12, 2010 07:26PM
Aobx
I think you only need the IOS a game needs to function. The other updates in the disc are irrelevant. So, if you have the IOS, you can skip the update through Gecko OS. Can't that be done?
Yes.
July 13, 2010 05:38PM
That's pretty reassuring. But how do you know exactly which IOS the game uses? If you use WUFE, you can check the IOSes inside the disc, and it's one of them, but which? I just don't know how to precisely know that.
July 13, 2010 11:39PM
If you try to run it with Gecko OS I think it tells you, but it doesn't install it like it's supposed to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login