Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVD playback through external DVD USB Drive?

Posted by mugre1975 
DVD playback through external DVD USB Drive?
July 29, 2010 06:34PM
I have a 4.2U Wii, with a D3-2 DVD Drive
I'd like to know if there is any application that can play DVD Movies through an external USB DVD drive in DVD format (not ISO
Thanks
Regards
Re: DVD playback through external DVD USB Drive?
July 29, 2010 06:55PM
no.

EDIT: More detail: You must rip the DVD to an SD card or USB storage device e.g. pen drive or USB HDD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 06:56PM by SifJar.
July 30, 2010 12:33AM
By the way, since warez loaders read ISOs, couldn't a video player be able to read a movie ISO, in the future? Or it's impossible? Even without D3-2, some of my dvds play poorly, and I don't feel like using the console's ODD for any purpose other than games. I don't know if it's true, but there's a saying that playing something other than official Nintendo discs makes the ODD wears off faster. Maybe because the ODD is made for the purpose of reading the specific Nintendo discs.
July 30, 2010 05:03AM
There's no point in reading a DVD video ISO. You can just rip the movie and put it on the USB drive in a much more suitable format.
July 30, 2010 03:25PM
Problem is when you have a DVD video, and can't play it because you have to rip it to do so...
So what's the point in having a DVD reader in your console if it can't play DVD movies?
Thanks for all te replies by the way
Cheers
July 30, 2010 04:10PM
mugre1975
Problem is when you have a DVD video, and can't play it because you have to rip it to do so...
So what's the point in having a DVD reader in your console if it can't play DVD movies?
Thanks for all te replies by the way
Cheers

To play Wii games...the point in having a DVD drive in any Wii is to play games, not movies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login