Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing HBC to Virgin 4.3 issues......

Posted by Ghsto 
Installing HBC to Virgin 4.3 issues......
August 14, 2010 06:19PM
So, Using the Indiana PWNS method to install HBC to my Virgin 4.3 . Running into issues loading the IOS's Keep getting error (-2011) when trying to install IOS 60 for MiiHack and Homebrew.....Obviously neither of these will install without IOS60

Any help is greatly appreciated
Re: Installing HBC to Virgin 4.3 issues......
August 14, 2010 06:25PM
Um, what? For a start, I have never heard of "MiiHack". Secondly, homebrew will install just fine without IOS60. Use Indiana Pwns to run HackMii Installer and it will work perfectly.
August 14, 2010 06:46PM
Sorry ment HackMii, When i try to install HackMii, I do the following.

Load Indiana PWNS, Select Hackmii_installer_v0.7b, Select BOOT.ELF.

Result = Exception (DSI) Occurred!

Followed by multiple lines of code,

STACK DUMP:
More code

CODE DUMP:
More code

At this point the Wii is unresponsive and I need to reboot........
August 14, 2010 07:00PM
Sorry all, This is my first attempt at this so I am a newb to the Wii. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
August 14, 2010 07:04PM
What do you mean "select HackMii Installer" and "select boot.elf"? You just put boot.elf from HackMii Installer on the root of your sd card and run Indiana Pwns.
August 14, 2010 07:08PM
Ok SifJar, I will try that. I have read multiple articles online about the *Correct* way to install HackMii to a virgin 4.3u and this is the first time I have been told to simply put the boot.elf from the installer on the root and run PWNS.

I will test this and let you know my results.

Thanks!
August 14, 2010 07:21PM
SifJar, YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN!!!!! Thank you! Finally got this to work and following your simple instructions took me less then 5 min! You need to make a you tube video for Wiidiots such as myself lol. The ones that are up there are stupid complex!

Again, Thank you!
August 14, 2010 07:34PM
Any instructions giving you other directions are either out-dated or simply written by morons. FYI, the WiiBrew wiki is one of the best places to get information regarding homebrew, and has a guide to setting up homebrew which is far superior (IMO) to any other guide. (It's essentially a more detailed version of what I said, telling you exactly how to copy the right stuff to the sd card etc)
August 19, 2010 03:52AM
Hi there Sif.I to am having problems......I have a SD card with HackMii Installer and boot.elf.when I hit sd card on my wii I get"ERROR#004 an error has occurred The system files are corruptd" After powering down ,and restarting it plays just fine,but without homebrew.What am I doing wronge?
August 19, 2010 03:56AM
You must use Indiana PWNS or Smash Stack on 4.3. Bannerbomb will not work.

Edit: You already asked this question and received the answer in your other topic. Do you seriously think that the answer will change just because you pester people by invading their topics to ask questions that have already been answered?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2010 04:02AM by jbc007.
August 20, 2010 04:30PM
SifJar:

I believe Ghsto was following a walkthrough to get HBC on 4.3 before HackMii 0.7 release. As you know, that implied installing IOS41, patching IOS36, downgrading IOS60, then Installing HBC and Priiloader to prevent SysMenu from deleting its ticket. Also, for what he wrote, I assume he was using LoadMii in the root of his SD card, so he had to select the folder and the .ELF.

It's amazing what an misinformed guy can achieve to do!

MRBILL60:

ERROR#004 is the fix that Ninty made on SysMenu 4.3 to block Bannerbomb v2 !!!
Bannerbomb no longer works! Stop being a moron and do as jbc007 says and get a copy of Lego Indiana Jones or Smash Brothers Brawl !!

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 04:30PM by Axel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login