Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

frozen on scam page when trying to upgrade

Posted by gpt1plon 
frozen on scam page when trying to upgrade
August 17, 2010 03:01AM
Hello,

I am trying to update HBD from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8.
I tried the online upgrade and offline one, both fails at the scam page. The wii just sits there, frozen.

I am on 4.3 Wan.

Are you able to help me please?
Also on my current HBC release 1.0.6, when I click on bootmi, I get a black screen and it stays stuck there.

Thanks
Best regards
Alban
Re: frozen on scam page when trying to upgrade
August 17, 2010 03:43AM
And you didn't expect this after using Wankynono fail? Well, fixing this will be a nice, long, tedious process. Launch NUS Downloader. From the extras menu, select emulate wii system update, then select your region. NUSD will create an update script; have it run this script and be sure to check the option to pack WADs. It will now download everything from the 4.3 update. When it is finished (it may take awhile), find all the WADs that were created. Make a folder called wad on the root of your SD card and put these WADs in it. However, you need not keep the boot2 WAD.

Run WAD Import and install every WAD you downloaded. Be sure to install IOS 80 first, the system menu second, and then everything else. After doing this, everything will work normally again.

Note to anyone else thinking of recommending a simplified approach: this is the only way to completely undo the damage caused by that Wanky crap. Although it is possible to avoid downloading and installing certain contents and still allow the Hackmii Installer to function, gpt1plon will still experience issues until the system menu and all IOSes are replaced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 03:49AM by jbc007.
August 17, 2010 03:53AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, What do you mean by :
"And you didn't expect this after using Wankynono fail?

Is there something wrong with 4.3 Wan ?

Thanks for the guide, I am going to try.

Just to note that everything is working fine, I mean HBC and all homebrews are ok. I am just wondering why I can't upgrade HBC and maybe it will run to issues later....
August 17, 2010 04:22AM
All of Wankynono's software is either intended to be used for piracy, or it somehow screws up a wii (full bricks are also far more common than you think). His 4.3 updater patches the system menu and all IOSes, which prevents the Hackmii Installer from working, potentially reduces system stability, and has fully bricked a number of wiis. There is essentially no benefit to these patches (then again, there is absolutely no benefit of updating to 4.3). Just be glad that you can fully recover your wii this time, and avoid Wanky fail in the future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 04:24AM by jbc007.
August 23, 2010 11:47AM
Hello,

I downloader NUS, but I can't find the extras menu.
I selected to download the system menu from the download page 1, but it only downloaded 8 files, no IOS 80 there and no options to pack wads.

Could you help me please?

Thanks
August 24, 2010 01:34AM
The extras menu button is at the top middle, and to pack the contents into WADs check the appropriate box at the bottom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login