Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to get up-to-date?

Posted by governmentyard 
How to get up-to-date?
September 26, 2010 09:03PM
Hi there,

I twilight hacked my Wii some months ago and other than running Quake and Google maps, Scumm and Frodo I didn't do much with it.

I've recently dusted off my Wii and would like to get the interface up to current, get things like the shop working but retain my homebrew channel and so on. It seems from reading around that there's a wealth of info which makes finding definitive answers tricky.

Presently I've got the following on my system:

System software v3.4E
Homebrew channel 1.0.8
IOS38 v14.25
Homebrew Browser 0.3.9 (seems to have a broken repository)

Running Bootmii config editor gives the following error: "SD:/bootmii/bootmii.ini does not exist" which is a bit of a worry.

I understood that by running Wiiscu I could update the system software. I could not find this in Homebrew browser so tried changing the repository to moddingstudio Repo to see if they had Wiiscu. Now when I run Homebrew Browser it seems to stay on 'parsing homebrew list' forever and pressing 2 to revert back to the Codemii repo doesn't do much more.

So from this point, how do I get my wii updated and retain the homebrew channel? I'm quite concerned that bootmii.ini isn't around, I thought I had all that sorted when I first used the twilight hack.

/EDIT I have fixed my homebrew browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 09:55PM by governmentyard.
Re: How to get up-to-date?
September 26, 2010 10:06PM
There is really no benefit to updating, but if you want to then just do it. The HBC will still be there. Bootmii/boot2 will be removed, if you have it, but it can be reinstalled.
September 26, 2010 10:11PM
Thanks - Updating will restore the wii shop and so on though, shouldn't it?
September 27, 2010 01:23AM
It will. It is almost easier to update the shop channel with homebrew (WiiSCU must be downloaded manually; the HBB does not contain NAND modifying applications for the most part), but there isn't much harm in updating. 3.4 is kind of pointless anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 01:24AM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login