Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete softmod, boot2, and disc drive fails.

Posted by Foreverisneverv 
Complete softmod, boot2, and disc drive fails.
October 17, 2010 07:06AM
I hate to make an account to ask about this error, but after scavenging every subject I could find for a week on my predicament and finding no help I've got nowhere left to turn.
I followed the tutorials given to me by WiiBrew to softmod, and followed them exactly. I installed BootMii/HBC via SmashStack,
NTSC-U, 4.3U, Boot2. It worked flawlessly for around a week, and now I'm left with a disc drive that cannot read any discs. It gives one of two errors, either staying on the disc channel and being unable to read the disc, or going to black screen and referring me to the operations manual.

I saw an error similar to mine on a recent topic, but I'm unsure of how to do the fix explained there myself.
I'd be willing to try anything to resolve this issue. I can supply any further information if it's needed.

Thank you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 07:11AM by Foreverisneverv.
Re: Complete softmod, boot2, and disc drive fails.
October 17, 2010 11:20AM
Foreverisneverv,

I too have had these errors (but not as a result of softmod).

You either have a lens issues - which requires a new one....

or a bad spindle motor - which requires a new one...

I replaced my lens only to figure out it was a spindle motor - should have looked at the games disk and checked for spin before changing the laser lens...anyway you can find tutorials and hardware on the internet. If you have to replace a spindle - make sure you adjust it properly (3 torx screws) before you put everything together, otherwise your game disk will make ALOT of noise when you insert it in the console.

Best of Luck,

Arpman
Re: Complete softmod, boot2, and disc drive fails.
October 17, 2010 07:59PM
I guess calling it a softmod was the wrong phrase.. I only installed BootMii/HBC. Nothing else.

Thanks alot Arpman! You're the best.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login