Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew question

Posted by ansharzero 
Homebrew question
November 02, 2010 09:29PM
I realize this forum is not a modchip support forum, and my question, although sort of relating to a modchip, isn't exactly about them. I'd really appreciate any help I can get, as I've spent numerous hours now trying to solve my problem.

Basically it boils down to this. I have a WiiKey Fusion installed in my new black Wii, and numerous times all over the web, including the wiikey website, it states that

"Wii Homebrew Compatibility
Like all modchips from the Wiikey team, the Wiikey fusion will work with every single homebrew from your region. There are no patches needed, no fixes to homebrews, the modchip can boot any homebrew without errors. You plug it in, and forget about it :)"

"The product will also allow Gamecube homebrews from other regions to work."

"Any homebrew that works through DVD, will load through the SD card slot in homebrew format, including gamecube homebrews!"

All of those straight off the product information. The Wiikey fusion uses wbfs manager to put Wii iso's onto an SD card, and that works fine. Also if you download gamecube games, they come in .dol format, which wbfs manager doesn't support. However, if you rename the file type to .iso instead of .dol, it'll actually load the file properly. However, I just can't seem to figure out how to get the .dol's from gamecube intended homebrew onto the wbfs formatted sd card. Loading them onto a fat formated sd card in the front SD card slot of the Wii also does not work. How can Wiikey fusion claim to work with homebrew when it seems impossible for it to boot any up? Thanks, if I actually get a reply and not a ban D:
Re: Homebrew question
November 03, 2010 12:04AM
"WBFS" is for game backups, not homebrew. As you know, we don't support modchips nor backup games. If you want to run homebrew, use the Homebrew Channel. Modchips don't help with homebrew at all, they are purely for running backup (or pirated) games.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.