Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Broken SD card or Broken wii slot?

Posted by Kiokichan 
Broken SD card or Broken wii slot?
November 28, 2010 06:54AM
I'm using a micro 2gb SD card+adapter.
My system is 4.2u

Recently I noticed a problem with my Brawl+ hacks. I have a lot of textures for both characters and stages as
well as music. When ever I try to play All-star mode, the game outright crashes. I know it has to be related to the textures because the game also crashes when i play against team captain falcon in classic mode, this is still a somewhat rare case.
It works as long as I don't fight team captain falcon. Ever other mode works too, like all modes in Vs, events, and SSE.

About a week ago, I was able to play all the modes just fine, it's just today I noticed it's failing hard on me. A friend who had the same amount of hacks as me still has his all-stars mode still work.

I reformatted, Defragged, and reinstalled brawl+ multiple times with no luck. I tried a spare (16mb) SD card and that's when I figured out that the problem was with the textures and loading stuff, not the actual codes.

I know that it's related to loading the textures or files on the SD card.
It's not "locked" (I tried looking for help from the Brawl+ and mod community, that's were I got most of my suggestions about reinstalling and such)

This recently happened. So could this be a problem with my hardware (wii or SD card) or a homebrew problem?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Broken SD card or Broken wii slot?
November 28, 2010 07:09AM
Are you sure the Captain Falcon texture isn't broken? Usually microSD cards have more problems then regular SDs but since you tried both I'm not sure. It doesn't sound like a hardware (SD slot) problem if everything else works. The same goes for you microSD. The only other thing I can think of is a broken texture or something.
November 28, 2010 07:19AM
The textures themselves aren't really broken. I can play on all the levels with all the textures without a problem. It's just when I try to play All-stars mode that the game crashes. I can play classic mode just fine, aside from the vs team _____ where not all the characters textures are loaded in, it's fine too. I know, it's pretty weird. I really really hope it's the SD card and not the slot itself, but if it is the slot, what should I do?

Is there any way to fix or clean the SD card slot on the wii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 07:30AM by Kiokichan.
November 28, 2010 07:51AM
I really don't think it's the SD slot if everything else works from it. I would say it is a software issue (either the codes or whatever) but I'm really not sure. Maybe someone else can offer more help?
November 28, 2010 08:16AM
I'm pretty sure it's more leaning towards this crappy SD card!
I haven't changed any of the programs (Gecho OS) and all the
other programs (emulators) work fine.

Software wise, would it be homebrew or something else?
November 29, 2010 02:01AM
Well, I figured out that it's not the textures at all, but the codes used in B+. A lot of people are telling me that Brawl plus mass wall of codes can cause a few of the modes to randomly crash. I used just 1 code (file patcher) and a few textures and I could play all-tar mode just fine. When I try to do the same with the brawl+.GCT, it crashes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login