Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Epic Mickey load fine on Gecko OS?

Posted by dxmkrew 
Does Epic Mickey load fine on Gecko OS?
December 22, 2010 07:23AM
This is sort of a duel part question. I am running system menu 4.1U (4.2U scared me), and I was originally looking to use Smash Stack to upgrade to system menu 4.3U, because I know that Epic Mickey is going to ask me to update. Unfortunately I am having the obnoxious "Disc Read Error", even after using 2 of the 6 pads offered in the Wii Disc Cleaner Kit. I assume that is because it is a duel layered disc, but then again...so is Mario Kart Wii, and that is working like a charm??? Odd.

I still hack Animal Crossing, and I use the homebrew channel for various other reasons and DO NOT wish to lose it. It isn't a problem of re-installing the homebrew channel once 4.3U is installed, it is a problem of keeping the homebrew channel since I don't own the means of reinstalling it (thanks to Nintendo shutting down Bannerbomb, which ticks me off).

3 questions:

1. My first question is, installing Wananikoko's 4.3U updater B, which from what I've read installs IOS's...is that at all safe?

2. My second question, if i choose not to update, does Epic Mickey run smoothly on Gecko OS, while skipping updates? I'd prefer if you knew from personal experience. I'm always worried about new games and whether or not Nintedo has found ways to snub homebrew technology.

3. Anyone know if the Homebrew Channel developers are capable of creating an update that allows you to update your Wiis to system menu 4.3U? Anyone know if they're doing so.

Thank you all in advance for your help. I really appreciate it. I'll check back sometime tomorrow morning or evening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 07:26AM by dxmkrew.
Re: Does Epic Mickey load fine on Gecko OS?
December 22, 2010 09:50AM
1. NO. Never use Waninkoko's updaters. As long as you have the latest HBC, it will still be there after the 4.3 [official] update.

2. It should, the only way it wouldn't is if it requires a specific IOS you do not have. If so, you can install it manually. Just try it and it will probably work.

3. You can already use the HBC on 4.3U.
Re: Does Epic Mickey load fine on Gecko OS?
December 22, 2010 12:49PM
You can safely update to 4.3 officially if you have the latest version of HBC (1.0.8) and this is the best option. Stay well away from "safe" updaters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login