Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb 4.2 - can't move channels from SD card back to Wii

Posted by potatoheadedj 
Bannerbomb 4.2 - can't move channels from SD card back to Wii
February 10, 2011 11:30PM
I installed the homebrew channel about 18 months ago on my 4.2U Wii using Bannerbomb. It's been great, but recently I've encountered a problem. I wanted to free up space on my Wii's pitifully small hard drive by moving some channels onto my SD card. That works just fine. The problem is that once they are on the SD card, I can no longer move them back to the Wii, nor can I choose to erase them.

Anytime I go into the Wii Options Menu --> Data Management --> Channels and click the SD Card tab in the top right corner, then choose to move or erase one of the channels, the Bannerbomb auto-popup ("if you paid you got scammed!") shows up instead of the moving/erasing message, and it loads the CIOS launcher as if I had chosen "Yes" when asked "load boot.dol/elf?" instead of having said yes to move/erase a channel.

I hope that I've explained my problem clearly, and that there is a solution. Homebrew channel and everything else is working great, I just want to know if there is a way to remove the Bannerbomb popup now that I don't need it, restoring full functionality to my Wii's SD card and allowing me to move channels back onto the Wii's hard drive from my SD card. Thanks in advance!
Re: Bannerbomb 4.2 - can't move channels from SD card back to Wii
February 10, 2011 11:40PM
Delete the bannerbomb folder from your SD card (private\RDBN or something like that if I recall correctly).
February 10, 2011 11:51PM
THANK YOU! :-)

In case anyone was wondering, the appropriate folder was \aktn
February 10, 2011 11:53PM
Oops. Got the last letter right :P

Oh and btw, don't mention cIOS here again, that's against the rules.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login