Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uninstall of HBC

Posted by ElderUsr 
Uninstall of HBC
February 11, 2011 04:45AM
Hello Everyone,

First off, relatively new and just have a very quick question. What is the best procedure to remove HBC and related software as I would like to perform an RMA of my Wii as recently I have had some hard ware issues with it (See Cross-post here and if necessary will bring the console back for another as it was a refurbish console through a local shop. Please let me know,

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Uninstall of HBC
February 11, 2011 08:50AM
To remove the HBC, just run the HackMii Installer and select uninstall and also uninstall BootMii. I'm not sure what you mean by related software though.
February 11, 2011 10:13PM
If by related software you mean homebrew apps like emulators and media players, they are all stored on the SD card. Other things used primarily for warez can be difficult to remove.
February 12, 2011 01:35AM
Please note that even if you do successfully remove all homebrew, there is still a good chance Nintendo will find it.
March 18, 2011 11:33PM
Just run hackmii and UNinstall everything
Then to completely remove it goto [Settings > Format Wii System Format]
(Will put it back to factory defaults)
March 19, 2011 01:29AM
PCFreak_3
Just run hackmii and UNinstall everything
Then to completely remove it goto [Settings > Format Wii System Format]
(Will put it back to factory defaults)
Not necessarily, it deletes channels and save data from your Wii. (If it were to go to factory default then people with old Wii's could "downgrade" by formatting their Wii's since they originally came with whatever System Menu version.)
Everything has already been said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login