Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Themed Wii Having Issues -- Is there a way to restore?

Posted by frewster 
Themed Wii Having Issues -- Is there a way to restore?
March 16, 2011 02:29AM
Hello all, I have been using homebrew on my Wii for quite awhile to just mess around and see all the different things people are developing for it. Several years ago, when I softmodded my Wii and installed the homebrew channel (back when the Twilight Princess hack was the only way) I was stupid and installed a theme without researching what might go wrong. I haven't used my Wii very much for playing actual games, but now when I do the games will stutter and are very slow to load. I think that updating my Wii to a newer, vanilla firmware might help solve this problem. Do you guys think that this may help, and if so what are the risks and how should I go about it?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Sorry, but it after reading the stickies I seem to have posted this in the wrong section. Could a mod please move it to the Homebrew General section?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 02:42AM by frewster.
Re: Themed Wii Having Issues -- Is there a way to restore?
March 16, 2011 02:56AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure updating would help or at least re-installing. First, make sure you have the latest Homebrew Channel [1.0.8] and then either update using the official updater (go to Wii Settings and do a Wii System Update) or use DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition to update your IOSes and the System Menu. You could also use DOP-Mii to reinstall the System Menu of your choice but make sure you install the right IOSes.
March 16, 2011 03:04AM
What system menu version would you recommend updating to? 4.3? And you are saying that I should update the IOSes seperately from the system menu?
March 16, 2011 06:12AM
Well if you update via DOP-Mii you will have to update the IOSes separately, but if you update to 4.3 via the Wii Settings then it will update everything for you. I think 4.3 would be your best bet to update to but it's really up to you.
March 16, 2011 08:28PM
Alright, I'll try that today. I backed up the NAND with bootmii installed as boot2, so that makes me feel more comfortable about trying it.
March 16, 2011 11:39PM
Today I updated my Wii to 4.3 and it seems to have worked without any problems, except for one big one. The main reason I wanted to fix my Wii was to play Okami, the game that had been stuttering during play. However, now the game will not launch at all. Other games such as Brawl and Mario Kart Wii work fine, even Gamecube games will launch. But when I put Okami in and try to start the game it simply goes to a black screen. Is there a way to fix this?
March 17, 2011 12:48AM
Try using Dop Mii to reinstall IOS 21.
March 17, 2011 01:24AM
Success! Thank you very much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login