Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think I bricked my Wii :( Help!

Posted by keizuke91 
I think I bricked my Wii :( Help!
April 27, 2011 03:25AM
Ok so,
Just got Mario Sports Mix and gave it to my little sister to try it out, she accidentally updated the wii 4.2u to 4.3u. This removed my Homebrew Channel and made broke Neogamma.

I tried to fix it by repairing the nand using bootmii in boot2, it was successfully rewritten. but now my wii won't work at all. Help.
Re: I think I bricked my Wii :( Help!
April 27, 2011 03:57AM
First of all, we don't support "backup" loaders.
Secondly, what do you mean by "it won't work at all"?
April 27, 2011 04:31AM
i just don't wanna break my original discs so i use backups.

wii doesn't start at all. just shows a black screen.
April 27, 2011 04:32AM
bootmii works since the sd card is there and it's in boot2
April 27, 2011 04:35AM
We don't support them regardless of the justification.

Do you have a working NAND backup to restore to? If not, can you run the HackMii Installer's "bootmini.elf" from BootMii?
April 27, 2011 04:46AM
i had a 4.2u nand backup, and i restored my wii to that, that's what i think actually bricked it. HBC disappeared when it got updated to 4.3u so i tried restoring it..
April 27, 2011 06:31AM
Did you try running the HackMii Installer's "bootmini.elf" from BootMii? (Get it here.)That should let you install the Homebrew Channel again.
April 27, 2011 11:15AM
Hackmii installer won't work. Every time i turn it on all I get is a blue screen.. Help.!
April 27, 2011 11:22AM
Bootmii in boot2 still works I still have the options to boot the wii, hbc, see the contents of the sd card and the backup/restore portion of Bootmii. But wii and HBC shows a black screen.
April 27, 2011 07:18PM
Find ohneswanzenegger and use it with your current NAND dump to build a working NAND dump with latest update and then restore that. Should probably work I reckon. Certainly I don't believe it could make the situation worse.
April 27, 2011 07:39PM
do i just google search that? xD. ill try it out thanks!
April 27, 2011 08:46PM
Yes, google it.
Or, if you'd rather run the HackMii Installer from BootMii you can rename "bootmini.elf" to "ppcboot.elf" and place it in the "bootmii" folder on your SD card. That should fix the "blue screen" you received before and the HackMii Installer will run.
April 27, 2011 09:04PM
Yeah, google it because it hasn't been added to the WiiBrew wiki yet (I see no reason for it not to be, but I don't have the time right now)
April 28, 2011 05:21AM
yes!~ it worked. i think. formatted the wii, but who cares it's now unbricked. XD. i'll just reinstall hackmii and hbc and i think its okay! thanks bg and sifjar! you were a lot of help. :3
April 28, 2011 06:48AM
a quick question.. bootmii(boot2) on the sd card still works do you think i could install hbc and the other things needed there? thanks. :3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 06:48AM by keizuke91.
April 28, 2011 06:42PM
Yeah, you should be able to use bootmini.elf (renamed to ppcboot.elf and placed in the "bootmii" folder - back up the original ppcboot.elf first so you can replace it afterwards). That should allow you to install HBC. Glad you got it fixed.
April 29, 2011 03:27AM
well this is weird... it works but mod manager, multi mod manager just up and hangs. @_@ when i run then
April 29, 2011 03:47AM
We don't support WAD manager nor multi mod manager here.
April 29, 2011 04:11AM
oops. sorry. kindly delete the thread then, and thank you for the help. :)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.