Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help please...

Posted by Pompario 
Help please...
July 10, 2011 06:27AM
Hi, I have been browsing around the forum for a while trying to find a solution but i am a bit noobish and am having trouble understanding some things.

So i softmodded my old wii (still have the white version Serial No LU52097580.) Using Bannerbomb i, installing bootmi. I believe i have bootmii installed as boot 2 because when i turn my wii on i get the two quick flashes. I installed homebrew chanel normally and everything worked perfectly. The next week after messing around with my sd card i accidentally erased some boot mii files, which caused my wii to only be able to boot when an sd card was not inserted, if i tried to boot it with an sd card inserted a blackscreen would appear saying cBoot 2 Dol loader v 16 IOS loaded succesfully and then proceed to scroll through the contents of my sd card for a long amount of time and then proceed to just blackscreen. I have however been able to run homwbrew channel by booting my Wii without and sd card inserted and proceeding to insert my sd card after the health warning appeared.

I then proceeded to try to repair it by downloading the files that were missing and replacing them onto my sd card which seemed to have solved the problem for another forum user who accidentally deleted his files too. However my problem was not solved, after trying lots of things i was suggested to reformat the wii and then proceed to softmod it again. So i reformatted through the data management making a backup of all my saves and channels with savegame manager gx, but i have not been able to softmod it again. Bannerbomb no longer seems to be working for me, I have priiloader installed and i have been able to acces it if i dont insert my sd card, wait for it to load , and then insert the sd card, however it has been close to useless since i cant run bootmii from priiloader because it will show me the blackscreen with the dialogue i mentioned.

Can someone help me plz, i believe what this means is my wii is still softmodded and all i need to do is re-install homebrew channel however i cant because i cant run bootmii :s any ideas?

EDIT: NOW FIXED

Now that I have fixed it i found out the problem was i was using an SDHC card that was not bootmii compatible, how i was able to run it a couple of times before is beyond my knowledge. A simple sd card change would have solved it. What i actually did was run a nintendo update to remove all homebrew ( now on 4.3 :S) and ran the smash stack to install homebrew channel again. Im now using a Kingston 2gb sd card to as my BootMii SD and my 8gb class 2 Kodak SDHC for everything else

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 09:44AM by Pompario.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login