Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOS 58 Bug - DSI Exception occurred on 4kb cluster USB Drives

Posted by crwys 
IOS 58 Bug - DSI Exception occurred on 4kb cluster USB Drives
August 23, 2011 12:49AM
Hi I was wondering if there was any way of making IOS58 support usb hard drives with 4kb clusters, since it is hard coded to read only 512b clusters. My 2.5TB hard drive crashes, the Homebrew channel, WIiMC, and just about any other app. USB Loader GX works fine though because it uses cIOS
Code dump is here: [imageshack.us]
Re: IOS 58 Bug - DSI Exception occurred on 4kb cluster USB Drives
August 23, 2011 12:57AM
Don't mention USB Loaders or cIOS here. It's in the rules.

Anyway, can you not change the cluster size on your hard drive? I'm pretty sure I read about a tool a few days ago to do that, can't remember its name though.
August 23, 2011 01:51AM
I know sorry, I just wanted to include that because I wanted whoever read this to know that my drive wasn't faulty or anything and it is definitley related to IOS 58 and how it reads the USB drives.
I'm sorry instead of cluster i should have said sector. I guess its a physical trait that can not be changed?
I tried changing the cluster size to 512b but i get the error "The selected allocation size it too small for the file system" It does this with NTFS and FAT32 however exFAT (FAT64) works but exFat isn't supported by the Wii as far as I know.
I just figure I would post this here for Bushing to see and hope that someone can help. I already reported it as a bug at WiiMC hoping they will make a fix somehow. I discussed it more here
[gbatemp.net]
But never received any help, just information about my problem.

Quote from tueidj at gbatemp:

- A ____ isn't required for large sector size support.
- Making an app run on top of a ____ is not magically going to make it work with large sector sizes.
- To support large sector sizes, the app has to be compiled with a recent build of libfat or libntfs or whatever filesystem you're using.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 01:55AM by crwys.
August 23, 2011 10:19AM
Well there is your answer. WiiMC just needs compiled with the latest libraries. Therefore there is no problem, so I think this thread can be closed. PM me if you need it reopened for some reason.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.