Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii black screen -- anyway to save it?

Posted by johnxia 
September 26, 2011 08:34PM

It's a long story -- first I installed HomeBrew Channel and made a flash backup. Then I stupidly installed something wrong and bricked the Wii. Then I tried to burn the 500MB backup file into the NAND flash -- all blocks are OK except 1, which was reported error when I did the backup. I solder the NAND chip back to Wii, but it's still black screen. Compare with the situation is just bricked, something is changed: it can be turned on using remote, and it can be turned off by pressing power key longer. However, that's all. No video output. No sound.

Is there anyone saved Wii by programming the NAND flash? Is it possible that the backup file is not perfect? Does the failure block affect it? I appreciate someone can say something.
Re: Wii black screen -- anyway to save it?
September 26, 2011 09:16PM
I assume you couldn''t install BootMii/boot2, and that's why you were trying to use a hardware NAND programmer?

You could try using Ohneschwanzenegger ( [www.wiibrew.org] ) to create a new NAND.bin and try flashing it, to see if there is an issue with your NAND.bin, and/or use nandBinCheck ( [www.wiibrew.org] ) to check for errors in your NAND.bin.
Re: Wii black screen -- anyway to save it?
September 26, 2011 10:58PM
Thank you, SifJar. Yes, BootMii was not able to be installed (I believe there is no option for it, the installation just check and decide it cannot install.)
I'll try the link and post the result.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login