Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My wii can't play discs

Posted by kuatsimoto 
My wii can't play discs
November 30, 2011 11:37PM
So my wii cant play discs anymore because it says it needs a system update to use the disc loader. I can't update cuz i have homebrew. Help?
Re: My wii can't play discs
November 30, 2011 11:54PM
"I can't update cuz because I have homebrew" - yes you can. This is one of the stupidest lies in the Wii homebrew scene. There is currently NO update that will remove homebrew, or brick your Wii, or anything else simply because you have homebrew. If you have a Wii that was originally Korean and changed to US/EU/Jap, an update would brick. And as with any update of system software, there is always a risk. But homebrew does not affect that chance at all, and it's pretty slim. You would almost definitely be safe to install the update.

If you really don't want to for whatever reason, you can use Gecko OS to load the game without updating: [wiibrew.org] - it will prompt you to install a particular IOS if necessary when first booting the game; accept this prompt and then the game will start as normal. After this is can be run from Gecko OS with no further installations necessary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login