Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions on removing homebrew from my wii entirely

Posted by TheWiiGuy 
Questions on removing homebrew from my wii entirely
February 06, 2012 05:34AM
I am running System Menu 4.3 U. I've got a few questions about removing homebrew:
1. If I installed an update for the Wii Shop Channel via Dop Shop, is it possible to remove that update and just get a regular one? I'm really not sure whether I still have the Dop Shop update or not. Is there a way to tell?
2. Is it safe to format the Wii after homebrew has been properly removed?
3. If my Wii, for whatever reason, ends up getting bricked, how can I fix that? I don't have BootMii. The last time I installed bootmii, I couldn't control the menu at all.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Questions on removing homebrew from my wii entirely
February 06, 2012 05:42PM
1. dop Shop just installs the latest official version of the shop channel. There is absolutely no difference between it and an officially installed one.
2. Yes, but it won't really make much difference. There will still be traces of homebrew on your Wii, that it really isn't worth the effort to get rid of.
3. You can't really, but it shouldn't happen. Uninstalling Homebrew Channel is safe. If you have cIOS or whatever, you should be able to delete them safely provided they are installed to high number slots (e.g. 249 is a common one). If you have patched any IOS with numbers below 80, you can overwrite them with clean ones using a tool like dop-Mii. If you don't know what cIOS or patched IOS means, you most likely don't have them and can ignore this - don't use dop-Mii at all in this case.
February 06, 2012 09:31PM
Thanks a bunch. On a side note, how do I uninstall cIOS? I have this homebrew app called Multi Mod Manager, it's like an in depth look into your Wii. I go into the IOS manager, and there are five different IOS that are supposedly for cIOS. Two say they are for Waninkoko's cios, two say they are for Hermes' cios, and one says it is for Kwiirk's cios. I don't know how so many of those ended up on my wii, and when i go to uninstall them in MMM, they don't. Any help for that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 11:42PM by TheWiiGuy.
February 06, 2012 10:30PM
2+2+1=5, not 4....

Anyway, that particular app is a poorly coded rip off of old code from a prior version of dop-Mii. I wouldn't really advise it. I think you should be able to just delete those IOS with dop-Mii. (basically, you can delete all IOS with a number >200 - IOS254 is BootMii/IOS, if you want rid of everything homebrew related, I guess you could delete it to; either that or run HackMii Installer again and choose to uninstall BootMii/IOS as well as HBC)
February 06, 2012 11:44PM
All right thanks.
And lol, i just noticed that typo. Fixed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 11:59PM by TheWiiGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login