Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instruments/Controllers Cross Console

Posted by vron 
Instruments/Controllers Cross Console
April 11, 2012 02:38AM
Hello all.
I have just recently SoftModded my Wii console and I have an interesting question.
I have explored homebrew apps on Wiibrew and even though I am somewhat new to this, I have not been able to find accurate information through various searches.
I'm interested if any of you have ever used any rock band/guitar hero instruments/controllers cross console. I soon will have Rock Band 2 for Wii, and I currently have an xbox Rock Band wired USB guitar.
My ideal goal would be to use my xbox Rock Band wired USB guitar with Wii Rock Band games, Wii Guitar Hero games, and GuitarFun Homebrew app.
I learned that a SoftModded Wii can do so much, and I am interested to learn if others have accomplished this and how they have.
Any information and experience will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I no longer have an xbox360 so I am willing to block it from working on an xbox if needed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 03:48AM by vron.
Re: Instruments/Controllers Cross Console
April 11, 2012 03:25AM
The XBOX instruments use a different protocol and aren't easy to get working without some heavy patching. PS2/3 instruments on the other hand are really simple since they're exactly the same except for the VID/PID.
Re: Instruments/Controllers Cross Console
April 11, 2012 03:47AM
@tueidj
Thank you for the reply.
I am thinking about going to buy a Wii guitar from a secondhand store, although I am more interested in trying to get this xbox one to work if possible.
I no longer have an xbox360 so I am willing to block it from working on an xbox if needed.
Any further info on how to do this successfully would be appreciated. I am up for a challenge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 03:49AM by vron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login