Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Horizontal Black Wii Question

Posted by M1ke 
Horizontal Black Wii Question
July 01, 2012 08:38AM
Recently purchased the horizontal black Wii (Super Mario Bros Package) and Installed everything correctly.

After reading the guides and FAQ I have come to realize I have no way of using my applications / homebrew.

Does anyone have a guide / suggestion on how to get any controllers to work with the apps?

Edit: Reading more guides I realized older controllers WILL work with my wii? can anyone confirm / deny?

Tl;DR - New black Wii, looking for unique ways to use the homebrew applications

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2012 10:21AM by M1ke.
Re: Horizontal Black Wii Question
July 01, 2012 11:03PM
There are many apps that have been updated to use the newer Wii remotes, but for the other apps I believe the only option would be to use an older Wii remote.
July 02, 2012 04:15AM
so OLDER wii remotes will actually work for this new black wii? any other options? I've thought about soldering a USB port to a classic wii remote but the software isn't there.
July 02, 2012 04:41AM
Yeah older Wii remotes should work fine. another option could be to solder some GameCube ports on the side. Its a difficult process but it is possible and would allow the use of GameCube controllers.
July 02, 2012 10:37PM
Why don't you try some things out and see what works first before you go hacking it up? Any wii apps that were made/updated since february should work perfectly fine. If there's something that you're really dying to use that hasn't been updated, just ask the author to fix it - you've got nothing to lose.
July 03, 2012 05:19AM
I only have the Wiimote from the black super smash bro's wii which is known to be incompatible.

I am a bored computer tech haha

Where would I buy the old wii motes? gamestop but id have to open each one and see the packaging / numbers on the inside which seems tedious
July 03, 2012 09:45AM
It IS compatible with recent homebrew programs, how many times do you want me to say it?
July 03, 2012 06:47PM
M1ke
but id have to open each one and see the packaging / numbers on the inside which seems tedious

No, because the new ones are called "Wii Remote Plus", the old ones are called "Wii Remote"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login