Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kirby's Dream Collection crash

Posted by CleverNameHere 
Kirby's Dream Collection crash
September 27, 2012 05:57AM
When I try to play a game in Kirby's Dream Collection, I get Error #002. I am on System Menu 4.1U and I use Gecko OS to play it and other newer games in order to prevent updating. Does anyone know what I could do to fix this, or if it's even worth it to stay on 4.1?
Re: Kirby's Dream Collection crash
September 27, 2012 02:50PM
There's no real benefit to staying on 4.1, unless you happen to have a Korean Wii that has had it's region changed to US or EU. In that case, updating would brick it.

But if you bought the Wii new, it should be completely fine to update. The latest HBC won't be wiped out. BootMii/boot2 if you have it might be, but it can easily be reinstalled after the update. BootMii/IOS will be wiped out, but can be easily reinstalled.
September 27, 2012 09:20PM
I got my Wii new here in the US within a few months after launch. So you think that updating would prevent Error #002 when trying to play one of the classic games in the collection? Also, I'm sure my emulators would work, but will Gecko OS still work after the update? It says that it's using IOS 249, and I think the update ruined that. (Keep in mind I don't know too much about the technical mumbo-jumbo.) Would it be better to update through the disc, or to first use the online updater in Wii Options?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2012 09:25PM by CleverNameHere.
September 30, 2012 11:57PM
Could someone please give me some help?
October 01, 2012 02:12AM
It's caused by either the wrong IOS being used to run the game or the IOS is out of date. Run the update and play it from the system menu.
October 01, 2012 02:55AM
Thanks for the help. What about my question about the update affecting Gecko OS?
October 06, 2012 01:38AM
I updated and I have no problems! Thanks for the help. Also, thanks to ToonLink and the others on the IRC server for helping me!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login