Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew channel update/download fails

Posted by wii11111 
homebrew channel update/download fails
January 03, 2013 01:50AM
It appears I am unable to update my Homebrew Channel.

I attempted to update via the standard update dialog that appears each time I run the Homebrew Channel.
After about 10 tries, it still doesn't work, saying 'download failed.'

After searching the forums/internet, I tried to redownload the installer at bootmii.org.
After about 10 tries, it still doesn't work, the files don't download/the connection fails.

It clearly isn't my connection, it runs just fine for everything else (both on the Wii and on my computer).

Are there any mirrors for the homebrew channel/bootMii installer?
Is the download likely to work soon?
Re: homebrew channel update/download fails
January 03, 2013 03:23AM
Just checked, the download is working perfectly fine.
Re: homebrew channel update/download fails
January 03, 2013 05:50AM
The download from the popup on the homebrew channel is still failing.
It fails about 2/3 of the way through, saying 'Download Failed'.

A similar thing happens with the web download. The file mysteriously stops downloading about 3/4 of the way through, and appears 'invalid' after attempting to open. I think that the connection is dropped midway through, though this is unusual for such a small file. Other files do download (for example, the test files at 'thinkbroadband.com')

If it helps, it says I have version 4.3U in the system menu, and it wants to install HBC 1.1.0 over my currently installed 1.0.8. I have IOS58.

Also, the download is taking unusually long. It says it's only around 2000 kb, but it takes a couple seconds to reach 1%.
Usually I get speeds of around 200 kb/s.

Thanks for responding quickly.

EDIT: I stand corrected. After a few more tries, it worked. Thanks for the quick response, and please lock/delete this topic if necessary.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 06:05AM by wii11111.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login