Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew browser not working. Help

Posted by msailg 
Homebrew browser not working. Help
November 02, 2008 03:23PM
The homebrew chanel and browser were working fine. I downloaded the beta 9 update using my wii after that the browser would not work any more, click on it in the HBC and noting happened after the load screen. I then upated the wii using the wiishop and ios51installer and tried the browser again, still nothing. I had updated pong to pong2 which does work. I then tried to update the browser using the boot.dol I put in a folder called update inside the app folder on the sd card which looked to have workedbut when I try the HBB Iget the load screen where it tels me it is version 0.2.2 and the coder is teknecal, , click load and the next screen is white telling me there is an error and that this is not a valid wii application.

I have noted that pong2 uses a boot.dol file rather than the .elf file but the homebrewbrowser is still using a boot.elf file, is this correct?
Can anybody help me please.

I also note that the home brewchannel installer beta 9 tells me that I am running IOS34 4.15 and that I'll configure the homebrew channel to use ios35. Is that my problem and how do I configure the homebrew channel to run ios35?

Tom
Re: Homebrew browser not working. Help
November 02, 2008 05:41PM
H
I have solved my problem, as I suspected the HBB needs to be a boot.dol file rather than a boot.elf.

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login