Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackmii installer fail

Posted by mauifrog 
Re: Hackmii installer fail
April 13, 2010 05:33PM
I will try to remove other things when possible. The current wii I have been helping has an issue loading the system menu, and has lost wiimote sync. So any title deleter mod won't work at the moment. I have an an anytitle deleter with gc support, but it loads ios249 which is not present on the wii.

Anyone know of an anytitle deleter mod with gc support?
April 13, 2010 07:33PM
I recommend you find out what channels or WW/VC games are installed and remove them with WAD Manager. Also, do you know what is wrong with the system menu? That information could be useful.
April 13, 2010 09:19PM
Since these have the 4.2 update, I will suggest they uninstall the shop channel, news channel, and weather channel included with that update. That should free up a substantial amount of blocks. Since I can#t get ATD to work, I will uninstall via wad.
April 14, 2010 03:20AM
That should free up enough space. Hopefully it will take care of the -1024 error.
April 15, 2010 02:28AM
OK, uninstalled all 3 channels, but no effect- issue persists. As for why the system menu does not work, I think they may have corruped it with a system format, but I am not sure.

Any advice on using nandclean from priiloader? What can be removed without removing priiloader? Everything?
April 15, 2010 05:35AM
Preloader .29 fixed the issue where the system menu could not be booted after formatting, so that isn't the problem if the wii has Priiloader. Make sure that Priiloader is set to use the system menu IOS. Even selection IOS 70 won't work because it will reload the IOS. ES_Identify is required in an IOS for the system menu to work, unless the IOS is not reloaded. Also, I doubt that NANDClean could help; instead, it may make things worse.

You may be able to find a program that will take you to the system settings or even data management, if they are intact. If you can just get to the settings, you may be able to access data management. This may provide useful information. PM me if you are not familiar with a program that is capable of this, as the only one I know of is unsupported here.

Try installing Bootmii (as boot2 if possible, otherwise as IOS). If it fails, please post the Hackmii Installer log. If it works, you can use Comex's NAND Formatter to install WADs. If I'm not mistaken, the version of the NAND formatter that I linked to only installs WADs, but does not format the NAND. Therefore, it should install anything in the WAD folder on the SD card. You may have to install one WAD at a time, as some people have reported that it only installs the first WAD.

Try installing IOS 70 and system menu 4.2. Of course, if you try to install a lower version, be sure not to downgrade an "LU64+" below 3.4 or install any per October 23 2008 IOSes on it. Make sure that no other WADs, except possibly the EULA and region select, are in the WAD folder.

If you are only able to install Bootmii as IOS, using Comex's NAND Formatter could fully brick the wii. It is a last resort, and you should only try it if nothing else works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 05:36AM by jbc007.
June 13, 2010 08:30AM
Update: One of these wiis still had bootmii ios installed. Bootmii was able to load via bannerbomb and bootmii booter, the nand formater fixed the issue. So whatever the issue is, it is not hardware related. Unfortunately every other wii like this I have found had removed bootmii. It is a risky fix, but seems to be the only solution.

Do you think someone could determine the cause from examining a nand dump? Perhaps find a better solution. Also, is there any possibility to load the formater or a mod of it without bootmii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 08:32AM by mauifrog.
June 13, 2010 06:05PM
The problem is almost certainly corrupted IOSes. If you can find a way to extract an IOS from one of these wiis, you can verify this by installing that IOS on another wii and see whether the IOS functions incorrectly.

This verifies that it is technically possible to fix all of these wiis, but as far as I know, there are no tools currently available that can do this. The NAND formatter must run under MINI, so without Bootmii there is no way to use it. The Hackmii Installer is clearly able to load MINI, otherwise it would have failed with a no vulnerable IOS error. This is why a fix is technically possible. Unfortunately, there is no way to utilize this to run Comex's NAND Formatter, and there is no other program you could use to do this.

Unless there is a single functional IOS on these wiis, you probably will never be able to fix the rest of them. Still, there is a small possibility that a program capable of fixing these wiis will eventually be released.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login