Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3.4 notdvdx

Posted by comex 
Re: 3.4 DVDX
December 31, 2008 06:41PM
I can proudly say that I was the one who got comex to code this little baby, which of course works just fine.

Kudos to comex!
January 01, 2009 02:12PM
Seems to be crashing (black screen) when installing the DVD stub (third option). I'm on 3.4E by the way.

Anyone else getting this? Am I being stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 02:19PM by jaysonturner.
January 01, 2009 07:42PM
gut the same problem
the first 2 things work fine the third one crashes :( (on 3.4 of course)
Re: 3.4 notdvdx
January 01, 2009 11:16PM
Edited first post. If you already ran the first two, you don't have to run them again with the updated version.
January 01, 2009 11:19PM
I'm on 3.4U and I got DVDx to work so I can play DVD's using mplayer, I actually played1 movie
I just did step 1 and 3 because I don't have a modchip. Since then I ran cIOS36rev7 installer and now
I can nolonger play movies it hangs when I select play DVD from mplayer menu when I hit the home key it does show a screen
with the error messages but not long enough for me to read before it resets the wii. I tried running comex dvdx installer again bit it doesn't seem to do anything, it connects to the network but then goes to all black screen and I have to power cycle to rest it. I used Any Title Delete and I can see DVDx installed under Hidden Channels but obviously not working. Any ideas how to fix this so mplayer will work again.
January 02, 2009 02:44AM
i was only able to get through the first option myself, running system menu 3.4U
nothing happens when i select 2nd option, patch mii, and third one, dvdx stub installer, i get some text about installing patch mii when prompted and then screen goes black, i left it running awhile just in case but, no go.
January 03, 2009 07:03PM
3.4U
no chip
non-PAL
latest HBC
ran downgrade ios35- finished
ran patchmii- finished
ran dvdx- install patchmii message then blank/black screen

still shows ios36 v12.18

dvdx nowhere to be found
January 03, 2009 07:09PM
There seems to be some issues with the release, which is why the first post has been edited.
It is advised to hold off on running this at the moment.
January 03, 2009 07:15PM
arzuk
There seems to be some issues with the release, which is why the first post has been edited.
It is advised to hold off on running this at the moment.

some kind of change from hackmii stopped it from working, so i wonder if i just got the newer dud release
January 03, 2009 09:47PM
comex
Just hold on.

Holding.. :)
January 09, 2009 07:04AM
thank you comex, you rock. just want you to feel appreciated =]

I'm just glad I don' have to do any weird downgrading bs. I just wish I tried to do this before the 3.4u update, seems like it was a lot easier...
January 10, 2009 05:41AM
Is the file in this thread file the same one that is on the DVDx page on wiibrew.org?...the one that nolonger works because it was seemingly linked w/o permission from Comex...

Also, original DVDx stub is still on my wii, which is at 3.3u...DVD's stopped working. My assumption is that it was World Tour that got me. Would this do the trick to repair the issue?
January 11, 2009 07:30PM
So this seems to have just died off, but in #wiihelp last night I was told this is completely dead. Can anyone confirm this?
January 11, 2009 08:12PM
Yes, the app no longer works. So if you didnt use it when it did work, youre out of luck with getting dvdx on 3.3v2 or 3.4
January 11, 2009 10:21PM
I was able to get dvdx installed on firmware 3.4U by unblocking the WAD manager.
Here is the guide I followed, hope it helps. Arikado Edit: Dont post that here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2009 10:37PM by Arikado.
January 14, 2009 01:15PM
First off, great thanks for all the hardcore work and great achievements with dvdx. Guess I'm just out of luck here with a Wii 3.4E.

Because the first post says "hold on" I visit back here regularly. The last few post though confuse me. Has this project truly finished or is a breakthrough expected in the next couple of weeks?
January 14, 2009 08:51PM
znoob
First off, great thanks for all the hardcore work and great achievements with dvdx. Guess I'm just out of luck here with a Wii 3.4E.

Because the first post says "hold on" I visit back here regularly. The last few post though confuse me. Has this project truly finished or is a breakthrough expected in the next couple of weeks?

I am wondering this too. I have recently discovered the whole homebrew thing and was excited to get DVDs playing on my Wii but I have 3.4U and was wondering if and when a DVDx for 3.4 would come out.
January 14, 2009 11:42PM
I still dont know why Marcan is blocking it... is it using IOS 26?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login