Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC does not read from USB after IOS58 - WiiMC reloaded

Posted by larrycooper 
HBC does not read from USB after IOS58 - WiiMC reloaded
February 01, 2012 06:25AM
Dear All,

After the unsuccessful preliminary topic (ie: HBC does not read from USB after IOS58) I try again:

So I installed WiiMC according to the guide:

"You must have IOS58 to use this channel. Either update to System Menu 4.3, or use the IOS58 Installer.
You must have Homebrew Channel 1.0.8+ running on IOS58 to run the installer. If HBC is not using IOS58, reinstall it."
I installed IOS58, and reinstalled Homebrew after.
Now WiiMC works well (loads both from USB and SD), but Homebrew doesn't work from USB. It sees the disc, because I can select it, but doesn't find the apps in it. From SD it works fine.

Did anyone meet this problem? Any Idea?

thx

Larry
Re: HBC does not read from USB after IOS58 - WiiMC reloaded
February 01, 2012 06:56AM
The best answer was already given in the other thread:

Probably a recompile of HBC with the latest USB fixes from tueidj will fix this. As to when you'll see a new HBC release...I cannot say.
In the meantime there is nothing you can do to fix it, your hard drive simply doesn't work with the USB2 code that is currently in HBC.
February 01, 2012 06:20PM
Apologies for locking the previous topic, it's just that a certain member refused to accept the truth and kept posting nonsense. As tueidj says, the solution has been given and sadly there is no other way around that.
February 01, 2012 09:43PM
Dear All,

thank you for your kind help.
The strange thing is for me - at least - that I tried with other USB hard drives, even with pendrives, but the simptoms were the same.

But OK, I'll wait for the new HBC.

thx

LC
February 03, 2012 05:11PM
d3m0n1q_733rz: You're heading the right way for a ban here. You are posting CRAP that is not true. No one is abusing powers, it is just not necessary to repost the same NONSENSE repeatedly when it will NOT help.

Your second post had some mildly helpful advice, which could possibly solve the issue (unlikely though, seeing as they loaded stuff from it before - i.e. they know what they're doing and had it set up correctly at one time at least - still, infinitely better advice that the preceding post). Please don't make me lock this topic as well by continually posting crap and pretending you know what you're talking about more so than, for example, tueidj, which you clearly do not.
February 03, 2012 05:43PM
Seriously, it's just easier to delete the misinformation and be done with it.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.