Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Faulty Wii that doesnt read disc's.

Posted by PuzzleBean 
Faulty Wii that doesnt read disc's.
September 30, 2013 09:24PM
Just a question. I have a faulty wii that doesnt read disc's and i was wondering if i would still be able to install homebrew? I could do the letterbomb installation and i was wondering if i would be able to run my legally owned games from a backup device, this is legal as i already bought the games, i know its kinda against forum rules but i would really like to know.
Thanks
Re: Faulty Wii that doesnt read disc's.
September 30, 2013 11:39PM
It would work however unless you backed up your games beforehand then there would be no way to get the disc images of your games. You could download them but that has questionable legality even if you own the disks.
October 01, 2013 08:56PM
So if my disc drive is knackered, i have already backuped previously, am i still able to play the games from the backup with no problem?
I've heard you possibly need a disc in the drive for it to work? or is this untrue? can i play all games without a working disc drive from a backup device.
Thanks for reply.
:)
October 01, 2013 11:22PM
You don't need a disc in the drive, or a functioning drive, you just need a drive attached (but it can be a broken drive). But of course, we can't discuss how to do it here. My only advice is before you follow any sort of "guide", make sure you read everything very carefully and fully understand exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it, and don't install anything more than what you actually need.
October 11, 2013 01:16PM
SifJar
You don't need a disc in the drive, or a functioning drive, you just need a drive attached (but it can be a broken drive). But of course, we can't discuss how to do it here. My only advice is before you follow any sort of "guide", make sure you read everything very carefully and fully understand exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it, and don't install anything more than what you actually need.

Too right SifJar. These days many bad people put more bad stuff into packages, so i would take SifJar's advice and watch out what package you are gonna download.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2013 01:17PM by UK777.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login