Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mkv playing

Posted by yon2501 
mkv playing
August 19, 2008 01:22AM
just a quick question, which if any of the media players can handle mkv files. atm i use geexbox but it freezes up with mkv files.
Re: mkv playing
August 19, 2008 04:41AM
Mplayer Wii says it handles mkv files, I haven't tried it but it should work, personally I don't think that the wii is good enough to use for playing back media due to lack of memory but if someone ever gets compatibility with Windows Media Center without requiring the files to be streamed over some remote server on the web, I would have to reconsider using my wii for media.
August 20, 2008 01:03AM
oh well, i found a very good converter anyway so its a non issue now.
August 20, 2008 01:39AM
which one? I once needed a video converter to convert some files but I could only find all these look-a-like converters that were all exactly the same but with slight differences and did not work well (like xilisoft and Imtoo). I eventually found one that worked but not as well as I would have liked.
August 20, 2008 08:19AM
DrMario
which one? I once needed a video converter to convert some files but I could only find all these look-a-like converters that were all exactly the same but with slight differences and did not work well (like xilisoft and Imtoo). I eventually found one that worked but not as well as I would have liked.
I use Media Convert. It helped alot when I needed stuff transferred to Zune and Palm Pilot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login