Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii With No Video.

Posted by rohit_soni 
Wii With No Video.
April 15, 2009 04:46AM
I was trying to update system menu on my Wii thorugh some wad,when it asked for restart after installation I did that,and what I find is that after restart Wii does not output any video signal to the TV,The Power button on Wii is on with green light and dvd seems to be rotating but TV shows "No Signal Found",I found out at various places on internet as to this may be a bricked wii scenario.

I got it chcked from a techinican and he suggested its not a hardware problaem and some sofwatre issue.

Can anyone tell me the steps to revover from this.

Help is much appreciated.

Just to add My wii is modded .

Thanks
Rohit.
Re: Wii With No Video.
April 15, 2009 04:52AM
Why would you try to update with a WAD that you just found on the internet?
No offense but stupidity is the main cause of bricks...

Try using SaveMii and an autoboot disc with AnyRegion Changer and use that to install a 3.2 system menu
April 15, 2009 05:24AM
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can I use Nintendo GameCube Controller instead of Save Mii.I saw some cideso showing recovery from GAMecube controller.
Also have you ever come across this scenario the one am facing and were you able to recover from the solution you suggested.

Thanks
Rohit.
April 15, 2009 06:06AM
Yes, but you need to disassemble the controller. You need to push all the D-pad directions at the same time. I don't know how to make the disc, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you with that. Maybe there's a guide somewhere...
April 15, 2009 06:23AM
ok , I will check that out.
so again asking this for confirmation , have you ever tried out this approach yourself in this scenario,sorry for asking this again because I see many posts sayingh that boo1,boot2 or NAND may be corrupted,do you think this may be the scenario here also.

Thanks
Rohit
April 15, 2009 06:55AM
No, I've never bricked (semi or fully) my Wii so I haven't had to do this myself. It may be possible that it is something other than the system menu (Maybe a banner brick?) but it wouldn't hurt to try installing a fresh system menu. (Just a note, you need internet on your Wii if you use AnyRegion Changer)
April 15, 2009 07:17AM
ya so thats the issue,I don't have internet settings enabled,because my wii was sem-bricked when I tried installing the sys menu,at that time was I was not able to access the settings menu.is there anything else I can do if I dont have internet.
April 15, 2009 08:07AM
Well you could try using this to pack the system menu WADs yourself and autoboot the WAD manager instead and install those
April 17, 2009 04:18AM
I tried using GC Controller.bu cannot see the console system menu version on the bottom right,it still shows No Signal,anything else I need to do , I am pressing the D pad on all directions.

Thanks
Rohit
April 21, 2009 03:42PM
If you are getting sound but no video, I have found that the problem is the audio/video encoder and it needs to be replaced.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login