Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odd Freezing When Loading -older- Disk and VC Titles

Posted by cloakedguy 
Odd Freezing When Loading -older- Disk and VC Titles
April 29, 2009 01:27PM
Recently my Wii has begun freezing on the black screen (loading screen) for older VC and disk titles. Newer stuff works just fine, but I have four older Genesis titles, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 which consistently freeze before reaching the actual game. In addition, Wii Sports freezes when loading (black screen BEFORE the software warning/health screen appears).

I have the HBC installed as well as the 4.0 system update from Nintendo. I have no other software/hardware hacking in place.

Everything was fine a week or so ago -- I'm half suspicious that these problems may have first occurred after running the new Gecko 1.9 update (which crashed on me), but I'm not entirely sure.

Given my limited knowledge of the Wii and homebrew, I'm suspicious that one or more of the older IOS files somehow became corrupted, which would explain why only older VC titles and disks are being affected.

So, my question(s) is/are:

1) Is there a list of IOS used by VC/WW so that I might more easily determine WHICH ones are crashing, and if there is a related IOS?
2) If there IS an IOS corruption, what would be the easiest way to replace the corrupted IOS?

This really seems like the most likely problem. NOA support guys said I should send it in, but I'd rather not lose the HBC -and- if I caused the problem, I'd rather fix it myself.

Any thoughts?
Re: Odd Freezing When Loading -older- Disk and VC Titles
April 29, 2009 05:47PM
Try the title database on wiibrew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 05:51PM by metroid_maniac.
April 30, 2009 07:52AM
I must admit that I'm confused... I can't locate the Genesis titles nor Super Mario World there, and even if I could, I can see how the title database indicates which IOS is used for loading disk or channel games.

At the moment my assumption is that one or more of the earlier IOSs are "corrupted" which is why only certain titles are crashing upon load, but the problem is that I can't figure out how to determine -which- IOS needs to be replaced.

Is there any known way to -force- a reinstall/update of 4.0 after it's already been done? Assuming, of course, that that would replace any corrupted IOS files with the good versions..
April 30, 2009 01:31PM
Edited Out

You might try just deleting and redownloading your channels first, just to start with the easiest/safest fix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 05:29PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login