Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't believe this is actually happening!

Posted by DaisyChan2009 
I can't believe this is actually happening!
May 05, 2009 07:42AM
I guess I was asking for it... Anyway, my Wii is bricked. It seems like full brick. Got an error message as follows when I turn it on: The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting. It happened after installing preloader 0.29 and loading IOS 52 which is for Korean Wii to my knowledge. You see, I was simply trying to convert it to a fully functioning Korean Wii and this happens...

My Wii has fully functioning HBC 1.0.1 along with Starfall installed. I've installed Health Safety Warning Skip, Region Free Channels, Region Free GC games, Region Free Wii games and Enable Rescue Mode using Starfall.. Unfortunately, Disk Update Skip is also installed No modchip whatsoever is installed. The firmware version is 3.2U. And I currently have the following US games:
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
My Sims
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I also happen to have a fully functioning USB Gecko adaptor...Can anyone help me out? Please?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 09:11AM by DaisyChan2009.
Re: I can't believe this is actually happening!
May 05, 2009 09:52AM
DaisyChan2009
It happened after installing preloader 0.29 and loading IOS 52 which is for Korean Wii to my knowledge.

What do you mean by "loading IOS 52" ? AFAIK, loading an IOS is not sufficient to brick a Wii ... Even a corrupted one does not lead to a brick, except if this IOS is used by SysMenu.
Anyway, if you can access preloader by holding reset right after powering the Wii on, try to change the SysMenu IOS to something like 30, 31 or 36 .... It could help.
May 05, 2009 10:22AM
Thanks for your help! It worked like a charm... Do you think that I should leave preloader alone or uninstall it? What do you suggest?
May 05, 2009 12:10PM
Just keep it ... It can save your ass if you mess up with channel banners hacking, custom IOS installs or SysMenu patching. To uninstall preloader you just have to reinstall SysMenu 3.2U (or any other). Anyway, remember 2 things :
- Do not f*** up IOS30 or you're screwed ... Preloader 0.29 needs it to run and will crash if IOS30 is corrupted ... leading to a full briick.
- Do not try to remove SysMenu ... Preloader 0.29 uses the 1-2 title AFAIK thus would be erased too (... leading to a full briick too)
May 05, 2009 02:26PM
Yup, I am gonna keep it as an insurance just in case... Thanks again for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login