Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner Brick on 4.0, would love some advice...

Posted by TenbatsU 
Re: Banner Brick on 4.0, would love some advice...
June 04, 2009 05:48AM
...*sigh*....okay, so I've come back for some MORE help now,lol. So I got a drivekey and installed it and burned ATD on a disk and converted it to autoboot......but nothing happens still. I've tried SavemiiFrii'ing it, and it just sits there with the menu version number in the corner. I'm at a loss here....and for further reminder, I'm modding for the sole purpose of reclaiming my hard drive saves and such, NOT for backup playing!!!! If anyone can help me here, I'd appreciate it....I'm so close unbricking my Wii!!!
June 07, 2009 12:02PM
Hi TenbasU

I am suffering a similar brick to you. There is a way of getting your save data. Try downloading "Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31", burning it to DVD and sticking it in when you are in the black screen with firmware number down the bottom. It should boot to a menu, you can then save your data to an SD card as seen here. I made the mistake of just "deleting All". I cannot recommend this as it has removed everything and now I just have a black screen (previously had the warning screen and then a black screen). You should be able to put in an SD card, click Save all, it will save an RBK file you can then load onto the new wii.

Good luck.

I wish my wii would work.
June 07, 2009 02:02PM
Schnity
Try downloading "Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31", burning it to DVD and sticking it in when you are in the black screen with firmware number down the bottom.

Where can one get that disc?
June 08, 2009 08:10PM
we can't answer that question here because of the forum rules
June 08, 2009 08:12PM
Does it autoboot it? I'd like to know
June 15, 2009 07:31PM
metroid_maniac
Does it autoboot it? I'd like to know

Yes
June 15, 2009 08:09PM
hmm. so Title id's begining 0, 1, or 4 autoboot...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login