Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

-My BRICK Story-

Posted by maddenmike95 
-My BRICK Story-
June 04, 2009 12:49AM
Whats up, I think that I might have bricked my Wii. I had my Wii running on 3.2u wii for about a year now and everything has been running fine. About a month ago I updated to 4.0u via Waninkoko's updater and everything still ran fine. Yesterday I installed onslaught, which was the backup of the original one that I bought on WiiShop channel. Heres what happened, I installed it using Wad Manager and in the middle of installation I got Error! (ret = -1010) press any button .....I pressed a button and got a code dump and had to hold power button to shut off Wii. When I turned it back on I got nothing, just a black screen so i turned it off and turned back on holding reset to boot preloader and nothing still a black screen. I know you need a ios for onslaught but I had it installed and I searched around for that Wad Manager error but nothing.(This game worked perfect before I updated and after, I had just taken it off to clear so room????) I have a 4.0u - preloader 0.29 - Edited Out and BootMii installed as an ios. I've found out, 1.) The bluetooth module or your WiFi module might have come loose. 2.) I might need to buy a Repair part replacement bluetooth module for Wii. 3.) I might need to buy a SaveMii dongle. I don't know where to start, I was thing about opening my Wii to see if the bluetooth or wifi module was loose. I read a little about it here TehSkeen but it was very vague. I need some help figuring things out please

What happens when your Wii boots up? (How far it gets, does the wiimote work, does the system freeze, go black, etc.)
When my wii boots up it is a black screen with no sound and no preloader, the wiimote works to shut the Wii on, but nothing after that it just shuts off and cant seem to resync or turn back on, I have to hold the power button to shut down.

What Version of the System Menu is installed on the Wii?
4.0u

Is the Homebrew Channel or the Twilight Hack installed on the system?
Homebrew Channel 1.0.3. via BootMii

Does your Wii have a Drivechip?
No it is Softmodded

Have you been able to boot homebrew in any way?
No just hangs on black screen.....but I do have my BootMii backup (nand.bin) saved to my cpu if that matters

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 09:30PM by Arikado.
Re: -My BRICK Story-
June 04, 2009 01:49AM
Why didnt you put onslaught onto your SD Card to free up room?

BTW, try holding reset power and eject to boot preloader.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 01:51AM by Arikado.
June 04, 2009 02:13AM

Why didnt you put onslaught onto your SD Card to free up room?
Because I had a 2gb SD (pretty full) and was reinstalling it to transfer to my new 16gb SDHC for games

BTW, try holding reset power and eject to boot preloader.
I tried and a No GO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 02:14AM by maddenmike95.
June 04, 2009 09:34AM
Another brick caused by Waninkoko's software. by the sounds of it, the menu is not on your NAND or is a corrupted file. otherwise the remote would sync. Savemii won't help, only Infectus and bootmii. :-(
June 04, 2009 08:20PM
I don't know if this helps, but I forgot to to say that my tv screen flashes blue quickly before the black screen of death when I boot. Also the wii makes the normal boot noise when turning on

I decided not to open my wii and scratch the warrenty. Insted I called nintendo and explained my situation, since my wii is still under warrenty til june 11, 2009. They decided to help me, i told them that I had the homebrew channel installed just for homebrew testing purposes and a custom system menu theme. They then asked me to agree to a full repair of the wii and said they were going to take everything thats not liscenced by nintendo OFF and send it back to my as if I just bought it out of the store. (still free of charge since my warrenty wasn't up) If there able to do this that would be great, cause when I get it back I will just set it up the way I had it again. (thanks to BootMii and BannerBomb) for that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 07:22PM by maddenmike95.
June 05, 2009 10:14PM
You are likely not gonna get back your same Wii or any of your save games. I low level (nand) bricked my Wii like yourself and they sent me back a fresh Wii. Only thing I got back was my VC content and Wii Points.
June 18, 2009 08:01PM
I got my wii back, Well not exactly. I sent in my low level (nand) bricked 4.0 wii to nintendo on warrenty, and they couldn't fix it. So they sent me back a new system. The system That I sent in was a LU59 4.0 wii, and the system They sent back was a LU50 3.3 wii. So in conclusion they hooked me up cause they could've sent me a LU64 or LU65 and had it updated to 4.0 but they didn't. I didn't have to pay anything because my wii was still under warrenty, and now the new system they sent me has another 1 year warrenty. SO TIME TO START HOMEBREWING

FYI: BE VERY CAREFUL WITH WANINKOKO"S SOFTWARE, cause I think thats what caused my brick in the first place

I just ran the BannerBomb exploit with the hackmii installer on the root of sd, AND now I am really happy cause I just found out I could install BootMii as boot 2 and the wii I sent in to get serviced could only have it installed as boot 1. So THE Brick was the best thing for me and my Wii.......HELL YEAH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 08:47PM by maddenmike95.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login