Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Undeletable title causeing problems

Posted by idiosync 
Re: Undeletable title causeing problems
June 16, 2009 08:44AM
strange... Mabye IOS 36 is on the fritz. If tona want's to release ATD bootmii edition, we'd be very pleased!
Try using WUFE to get the IOS from a random game (MK wii or SSBB is good) and installing IOS 36
June 16, 2009 09:52AM
Now just to clarify this is the only channel that I'm having problems with. Any other channel I can copy delete and move all I want. Would really reinstalling IOS36 fix this one channel? There are about 20 other channels that don't exhibit this issue.
June 16, 2009 09:56AM
metroid_maniac
strange... Mabye IOS 36 is on the fritz. If tona want's to release ATD bootmii edition, we'd be very pleased!
Try using WUFE to get the IOS from a random game (MK wii or SSBB is good) and installing IOS 36

here, here, on ATD bootmii. I'd be very happy with a low level Nand editor with a detailed description of the Wii FS structure.
June 16, 2009 11:23AM
idiosync
metroid_maniac

here, here, on ATD bootmii. I'd be very happy with a low level Nand editor with a detailed description of the Wii FS structure.

good point. I might like that too. :-)
June 16, 2009 12:59PM
Ok so using wiifuse with verbose level 4 I received these errors in relation to the title.

Linux:
[mythtv@mythbook ~]$ cd fuse/title/00010001/57425845/content
[mythtv@mythbook content]$ mv 0000000a.app ~/Desktop/
mv: reading `0000000a.app': Is a directory
(relevent wii output below)
[mythtv@mythbook content]$

WII:
(Many successful reads)
sending response
sending response data (4096)
waiting for a request...
waiting for a file name(45)
waiting for data(10)
read /title/00010001/57425845/content/0000000a.app off=0x00000000006140000 size=0x1000
ERROR: ISFS_Read failed: -101

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 02:23PM by idiosync.
June 16, 2009 03:02PM
Perhaps someone knows of a way to alter his NAND backup and remove the file that is causing problems?

(It may be easier to do on a computer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 03:05PM by MattMan.
June 23, 2009 04:17AM
idiosync, backup your NAND, then extract the data from 0x20be0000 - 0x21000000 of the dump with a hex editor, then upload the extracted SFFS.
June 23, 2009 10:49AM
yellowstar
idiosync, backup your NAND, then extract the data from 0x20be0000 - 0x21000000 of the dump with a hex editor, then upload the extracted SFFS.
Not a problem. the file is here. Can you point to any info how to read this section of information. It looks kinda like a FAT table?
June 23, 2009 04:27PM
There's not really any NAND FS documentation, other than segher's zestig and Bootmii ppcskel src code on bootmii-devel Google Groups. This SFFS data contains a header, a "FAT"/cluster chain table,(Not sure how many copies there are) then the entries for the files and directories. This data contains the file/dirnames of the NAND FS files/dirs, as well as the the start cluster chain for the file/dir, amoung other info defined in mini src. You'd need to write a converter to use zestig though, it's only compatible with dumps without the spare data for ECC and HMAC.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:35AM by yellowstar.
June 23, 2009 06:48PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into those source files to see what info I can gleam from them.
July 03, 2009 02:07AM
Actually, I don't think SFFS has spare data for ECC/HMAC. It should be safe to modify SFFS, but backup NAND first. Never mind, bushing said on hackmii blog that SFFS is HMAC signed... I couldn't find any HMAC signatures in my SFFS though... :/ If the first 2 bits of a file node's attribute byte are clear,(0) it is considered an empty node. If you can, find the siblings of that file node causing problems.(Only modify SFFS with an up-to-date NAND dump. Find the SFFS superblock with the highest version. This is after the SFFS FourCC. To be safe, power down the Wii to red-led, no standby WC24 on.) The node where the sibling field is for the problematic file, change it to sibling field value in the problematic node. Change the attributes as described above so the problematic node is considered empty. Next, retrieve the value of the first_cluster field in the problematic node, then goto that cluster entry, in the cluster table.(Relative to beginning of cluster table, this is first_cluster*2.) Note the u16 there, then replace it with FF FE. Goto the cluster entry that this cluster entry originally linked to. Repeat this procedure, until you replace an entry that had value FF FB.
If you were modifying an extracted superblock, replace the orginal superblock in the NAND dump, making sure that your hex editor overwrote the original data, not inserted the data. Next, attempt to restore NAND. This should delete the problematic file. Now delete the rest of the title with AnyTitleDeleter.
The only way I can delete that file, is with a MINI app, modifying it with a hex editor after your Wii was used, or even if WC24 was enabled, could cause loss of data, or even corruption of files.(Mainly filesizes becoming invalid.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 05:10AM by yellowstar.
October 04, 2009 08:44AM
Well this is a Follow up on the issue. Though I never solved the original problem I was able to restore my Wii to a complete working status by using a friends Wii and Betwiin to transfer nand images.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login