Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wierd Boot Problem

Posted by Juxpitos 
Wierd Boot Problem
June 24, 2009 10:12AM
first things first
Wii system Menu ver 2.89 IOS v30 Preloader v0.28 Twilight hack and SoftMii

My Wii autoboots to SD and loads HBC. i turned the system off and back on and held reset to go into preloader and went to system settings and changed it to system menu and saved the settings and when i restarted my Wii it took a minute and went back to the preloader giving me an Error like i didn't have a system menu anymore.

is there any way to reinstall the system menu?

i do have access to the homebrew channel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 08:16PM by Juxpitos.
Re: Wierd Boot Problem
June 25, 2009 12:38AM
Well, if you can go to the HBC, then I think you can just use Any Region Changer or something like that to install a 3.2 system menu. Oh, and if this works, I can not highly enough recommend you install BootMii. This will make your wii almost completely brick-proof.
June 25, 2009 02:41AM
for some reason my Wii will only see homebrews i have loaded or used before, i can seem to get anything else to work, still working on it though and will update asap. thank you for the help, i will install bootmii as soon as i can.
June 25, 2009 02:54AM
Well i got my Wii to Run Any Region Changer but my Wii can't find an iternet connection and i cant change the settings. if you know of anything that will help, i do have wireless internet so it should find it i would think but none of the homebrews i have that require internet have been able to find it.

EDIT: Misspelled word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 05:15AM by Juxpitos.
June 25, 2009 08:28AM
Just a thought but since i have access to HBC is there a way to download and install system updates off of the SD card? or a way to just load Bootmii?
June 25, 2009 09:41AM
Juxpitos
Just a thought but since i have access to HBC is there a way to download and install system updates off of the SD card? or a way to just load Bootmii?

*HERE* you have an app, where you can change your settings without using the sysmenu.

I just don't know if you can actually change your internet settings with this tool, but you should give it a try!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 09:41AM by Sephiroth.
June 25, 2009 06:25PM
thank you i am trying it now, hope it works,
June 25, 2009 10:53PM
my wii still don't connect to the internet. my only other option is to find a homebrew that loads actual wii dvd games or take the loss and sell it as a brick.
June 26, 2009 12:12AM
You could download IOS 30 and System Menu 3.2 with NUS Downloader (on your computer). Then you could install them with Wad Import; install IOS 30 first and the System Menu second.

I am fairly confident that this will work.
June 26, 2009 05:34AM
thank you i will try that asap, i will update asap.
June 26, 2009 06:00AM
Mattman I LOVE YOU!!! that worked like a dream! i am now the happiest person ever and will now install bootmii, Thanks to everyone for your help, i could not have done it with out you guys and your brilliant minds! thank you all again!
June 26, 2009 10:20PM
Also, after you make a NAND backup with BootMii and configure your internet settings, I recommend running AnyRegion Changer and reinstalling System Menu 3.2. This will just install the correct IOSes for System Menu 3.2. Oh, and you will probably have to reinstall Preloader after this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 10:21PM by MattMan.
June 27, 2009 07:57AM
Unfortunatly after installing Bootmii i can't seem to find or launch it, i know where it should be, but it just isn't there. any guesses?
June 27, 2009 09:44PM
Did you install it as boot2 or as an IOS?
June 28, 2009 05:30AM
would only let me install as IOS.
June 28, 2009 06:12AM
Then you should be able to launch it from the Homebrew Channel (it should show up as an option when you press HOME). If not, make sure you have all the necessary files in the 'bootmii' folder. If it still does not show up, it might be a compatibility problem with your SD card.
June 28, 2009 07:31AM
ok the bootmii file is on the root of the SD card it is a Kingston 2gb SD. the files in the bootmii folder are
armboot.bin
bootmii.ini
ppcboot.elf

am i missing anything? i have tried moving the bootmii folder to the apps folder and i still get nothing.
June 28, 2009 05:41PM
That should be all you need. I would check the bootmii.ini and see how long the BOOTDELAY is set to.

Are you able to click on the icon in the Homebrew Channel and BootMii just doesn't show up, or is the icon not even there?

Also, what version of the Homebrew Channel do you have?
June 28, 2009 07:59PM
i believe i have HBC v1.01, when i load HBC there isn't the option to start bootmii. and the bootdelay=5 autobotdelay=0
June 28, 2009 09:23PM
You need to update your Homebrew Channel with the HackMii Installer to use BootMii.

Also, the new Homebrew Channel requires IOS60, so you will have to download and install IOS60 or configure your Wii's internet settings and use WiiSCU to install IOS60. (Do this before updating your Homebrew Channel)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login