Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wierd Boot Problem

Posted by Juxpitos 
Re: Wierd Boot Problem
September 23, 2009 11:36PM
Ok, I´ll use the DOP-IOS tonight.

Question: If I need to use the WAD tool , I must to put the .dol file ( the tool) and the .wad file ( the IOS30 downloaded with NUS) in the root of SD card at the same time or:
I must to put first the WAD file, to load it and then to put the .wad file. Could you tell me what is the procedure?
September 23, 2009 11:40PM
Make a folder called "wad" on the root of your SD card. I think its case sensitive, so don't call it "WAD" or "Wad", or anything like that, just "wad". Put the .wad file that you're using inside the wad folder on your SD card, and then put the wad manager's boot.dol file on the root of your SD card. Does that make sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 11:40PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 24, 2009 05:20PM
Ok, WaxyPumpkin thanks, for the explanation, I need to do it ´cause I couldn´t to DOP any file.
I installed the dop-ios.elf and then when I tried to use the option "file loaded" it tell me "error reading the file try to install again" and when I used the option "press 1 to load the file" the system only shows "loading file..." I waited for one hour and it do nothing. so I turned off.
I´ll use the wad options now.
Thanks
September 24, 2009 05:35PM
I think that you may need to have Preloader load loadmii and use loadmii to start Dop-IOS; however, a WAD installation is easier and more likely to work.
September 25, 2009 01:39PM
Hi jbc007, I´m sorry but I´m a litle dummy, WaxyPumpkin explain us the method for to use wad, but I´m not sure about which "wad" I should ude,
This one . could be [crediar.no-ip.com] .
Tanks.
September 25, 2009 03:56PM
It does not matter what WAD installer you use. I recomended WAD Import since it is supported by Wiibrew. WAD manager is more popular, but it is usually used for piracy so it is not on Wiibrew and I cannot link to it. However, it is alright to use it to install legal WADs such as IOS and system menu WADs.
September 28, 2009 02:07AM
Ok, guys.
finally I used the WadImport:
I put the wad (.dol file) on SD root and the .wad files on the "wad" carpet.
First I used the WadImport and this was what I got.
[lh6.ggpht.com]
Then I used the wadmanager v1.4 and... I got the same screen. there is a litle difference between Import and manager: manager shows me one menu for to choose which IOS version I must to use. the results... the same thing.
here is the another picture .
[lh5.ggpht.com]

So far we haven´t found the magic door, we need to keep trying.
So what can we try now?
September 28, 2009 09:22PM
what IOS did you choose in WAD Manager?
September 28, 2009 11:01PM
SifJar
what IOS did you choose in WAD Manager?

first I tried with IOS249, and then with IOS60, 30 and 35, always I got the same results.
Thanks
September 28, 2009 11:28PM
Well, then it is not a problem with the IOS that you chose. Maybe somehow Preloader is having a problem loading the program, although this seems unlikely. Still, you could try using Preloader to load Loadmii and launch Wad Manager with it. You could also test the rest of your IOSs in WAD Manager incase the ones that you used were somehow corrupted.

Its just a shot in the dark, but you could try Pimp My Wii and see if it can install system menu 4.1.
October 05, 2009 12:37AM
Hello I`ve been trying with Loadmii, but always i get the screen with garbage about the "CODE DUMP" and "STACK DUMP" .

With Pimp My Wii I loaded the boot.dol and one menu shows up
- pass the test and fix the problems.
-pass the test
-Manual Installations.
- Exit.
but the wiimote only blink the four lights when I press some button and do nothing else.
I have a doubt. when I unzipped the PimpMyWii the file was put in I:\pimp_my_wii 1.01\apps\pimp_my_wii. I made a copy and put it on SD root, it was correct??
What else we can try??
October 05, 2009 01:26AM
Whenever I run loadmii from preloader I also get a code dump, but pressing reset will get past it and start loadmii. I only suggested pimp my wii because it is the last program that I can think of that can install a system menu; I haven't used it myself so I cannot help you with its usage.

The problem that you are having is extremely unusual and I cannot say for sure what is causing it. My guess is that many of your IOSes were corrupted, but I have no way of knowing for sure. If this is the case, your best chance of fixing your wii is to test WAD Manager with all of your IOSes and see it it works.

One final thought, what happens when you run the hackmii installer?
October 05, 2009 10:48PM
Ok, it´s means, the code dump page is normal.
How long do you need to press the reset button??
October 05, 2009 11:06PM
Press reset as many times as necessary until loadmii starts, if you press it a few times and it still does not start than there may be another problem that I have never encountered.

Although loadmii may be worth a try, it is likely not to help.
October 06, 2009 05:23PM
Sure! I pressed the reset and the Loadmii start, I selected the WadImport it loaded and showed the "a exception has ocurred" and a lot of code.
I pressed again the reset and it shows me the menu of Loadmii again.
Then I tryed with Wadmanager, and then did it the same thing.
So I tryed to load the IOS30 and IOS35 but nothing happens, so I pressed "A" button and it comes out.
I´m gonna read all your messages again and I´m gonna try the steps when the "CODE DUMP" shows up the first time.
Do you have any other suggestions??
Thanks for all your help with this shee..!
October 28, 2009 05:54PM
Ok, guys I finally finished the issue, I bought a new console, but this one don´t have the HBC , this console is a LU64, I need to install the HBC, please tell what is the best and safe method to do it,
Thanks
October 29, 2009 08:31PM
Ok, guys I finally finished the issue, I bought a new console, but this one, don´t have the HBC , this console is a LU64, I need to install the HBC, please tell me what is the best and safer method to do it,
Thanks
October 29, 2009 09:06PM
Sorry that you were unable to fix your old wii.

Use this guide to install homebrew on your new wii
November 22, 2009 09:29PM
Hello guys, i Followed the guide but nothing happens, I tried all versions of the bannerbomb but no one works! the version of the console es 4.2 U and it was connected to Nintendo sites, what can I do??
Thanks for your tips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login