HELP!?!??
July 16, 2009 07:43PM
hello i am in big trouble my wii is so messed up now. Ok i had the dumb preloader installed on 3.2u, then i decided to format wii memory so i did then when i booted it took me to preloader and said can not find system menu or homebrew so i managed to install bootmii with preloaders .elf/.dol opener but i when i hit menu on preloader it takes me to hackmii installer and if i hit homebrew channel it goes black i mayy be able to restore with a NAND backup but i do not have a clean NAND.bin for 3.2u would it fix it if i did? if not is my wii perm broken? i dont think i was bricked.
Re: HELP!?!??
July 16, 2009 07:45PM
OK slow down... Dump your NAND now, bricked. store it on your computer calling it "NAND mine brick.bin" or something.
July 16, 2009 07:47PM
uhm its not bricked i dont think i think its a NAND issue with overlapping a old corrupt preloader with a bootmii
July 16, 2009 07:48PM
... Bootmii installs to Boot2, preloader installs to the Sys Menu "slot" on NAND.
July 16, 2009 07:50PM
well i dont know problem tho but read post on what bootmii does also ive tried uninstalling bootmii / reinstalling if i uninstall everytime i boot it opens hackmii installer no matter what
July 16, 2009 07:54PM
...what? tell me what happens when you turn on your wii
July 16, 2009 07:56PM
Bootmii loads but if i hit menu it takes me to hackmii installer and if i hit hbc it wont open
July 16, 2009 08:01PM
Right. So you have bootmii installed and have taken a nand dump, yes? OK, here's an idea which MAY work. Get NUSD and use it to download WADs of System Menu 3.2U and all necessary IOS (i.e. all IOS that were in that update - try and find info on WiiBrew.org). Then get WAD Manager and install the WADs you just downloaded. Install the IOS WADs first, and the System Menu one last. If all goes according to plan, you will have a "virgin" 3.2 Wii. If it doesnt go right, at best, you'll do no damage, at worst you'll lose preloader. In that case, restore the NAND dump you took before messing with WADs. BTW, to run WAD Manager, turn on wii, select menu and hold reset to load preloader. then change the installed file to wad manager and boot it.

And restoring another Wii's NAND will do no good. The dump has your Wii's keys in it, and if you restore another Wii's the keys will be wrong. However, if you can dump your own keys with xyzzy, and you get another Wii's NAND dump, you can send them to bushing and pay him $10 to change the dump. But try what I suggested above first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 08:02PM by SifJar.
July 16, 2009 08:03PM
uhm that sucks and bootmii will not open .dol/.elf files and no sign of preloader anymore it doesnt pop up on boot but i know its still there
July 16, 2009 08:06PM
yeah, you need to hold reset as you select menu in bootmii, before hackmii installer loads.
July 16, 2009 08:08PM
also if this helps the broken wii is at my dads i am at my moms i have a wii here too on 3.2 with bootmii and a bunch of stuff not broken no problems
July 16, 2009 08:09PM
also is it possible when i hit format( means delete everything on wii) nintendo deleted the path to system menu because b4 bootmii preloader was saying system menu not found
July 16, 2009 08:13PM
install the HBC in the Hackmii Installer (uninstalling first if nessecary)
July 16, 2009 08:14PM
metroid i have it will not let me open it i hit homebrew channel off bootmii and i just get a black screen
July 16, 2009 08:14PM
I'm not sure what happened when you hit format, but somewhere, something broke. And you mentioning that other Wii. You could take a NAND dump with it, get the keys from the other Wii, send them both to bushing and pay him $10 to convert the dump to the bricked wii, then restore it, but I don't think that will be necessary quite yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 08:57PM by SifJar.
July 16, 2009 08:18PM
pm me it but preloader is basically hidden theres no way of showing it on my wii or using it and bootmii will not boot .elf or .dol do you think if i beg bushing he'd do it free? lol
July 16, 2009 08:20PM
run the HACKMII INSTALLER and INSTALL the HBC not RUN, INSTALL.
July 16, 2009 08:21PM
I have multiple times makes no difference No matter what
July 16, 2009 08:22PM
no i dont think he would. it is a LOT of work for him to do, doing it for $10 is quite generous really. And as i have said several times, if you select menu in bootmii, then hold reset before it loads HackMii installer, it WILL load preloader. seeing as you say you arent at the house the wii is at right now, you obviously havent tried this yet, but I am pretty certain it will work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 08:57PM by SifJar.
July 16, 2009 08:22PM
run WiiSCU and install IOS60 if you're on 3.4 or lower (-Trucha)
Hold Reset after you've entered the Wii icon on bootmii menu to get to preloader menu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 08:23PM by metroid_maniac.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login